Ch. 16

-Minho’s POV.-

The long day of school ended, and he rode his car back home.

When Minho came back home to his mansion, all he could think about was Y/n.

The way her nose would scrunch up when she laughs.

The way dimples would form when she smiled hard really big.

The way her shiny hair bounces.

The way her smooth, milky textured skin made him want to bite- No, get your thoughts together, Minho.

He wanted to protect her from everything. Especially Hyunjin and his little sidekicks. Minho was doing his best to interfere with everything, but it was hard because he had a different homeroom class with her. Maybe I should request to switch classes. Pretty sure I could do that. I mean, anything's possible with money.

Later, he was on his desk doing his Calculus homework, but she suddenly popped into his mind again.

Then he thought of ways to impress her. 
Should he maybe invite her to his house? Would she come?

Should he buy her a small gift maybe? Would money impress her?

He wanted to get to know everything about her. And he finally had a big motivation to go to school again.

Everyday was exciting, with Y/n.

-flashback-

“Why aren’t you eating?”
His father said, sitting far away, at the long dinner table.

Minho didn’t answer of course, the last thing he wanted to do was talk with his dad. He just took a small bite of the rice with his chopsticks.

“You should know that it’s rude to ignore,” his dad said, taking a spoonful of the soup.

Minho still did not answer. He only slowly chewed.

“What’s the problem,” his dad dropped his utensils back on the table.

“If you actually wanted to talk to me, you’d be here everyday,” Minho finally said. “Don’t act like you care.”

“You know that’s not possible. And plus, I care about you. And for my future company, and how you’re going to lead it.”

Minho rolled his eyes. “It’s always company, company, company. Am I lesser to you than that company?”

His dad took a pause.

Minho felt a rush of emotions being wanted to pour out from his eyes, but he held it in. He inhaled deeply, then exhaled.

“You wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for it. And I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for that either,” his dad replied.

“It’s not like it’s all good here.”
Minho felt his dad’s anger rise up.

“Then what more do you need? You’ve got money that others don’t have, you have a whole company in front of you, you have all your life planned,” he said.

“No, you’ve got my whole life planned,” Minho replied instantly. He felt something wanting to burst inside of him. “I want my life like the other kids. I want to choose my life, okay? Do you know how that feels? And stress, with everything, is so overwhelming. It’s like everyday, I’m just waiting to die.”

“Lee Minho, you don’t say that.”

“Say what? That I’m just waiting to die? Because I can make it faster,” he said, looking directly at his eyes.