Chapter 10 - Protected

**gifs now on the top**
---
Molly B.

"And God will wipe their tears from their eyes. They will be no more death, nor sorrow nor crying. And they will be no more pain for all the former things have passed away."

He continued to stay as he slowly paced back and forth.

"What do we do?"

I looked at Spencer worriedly, he didn't seem worried at all he was super focused.

"Nothing."

"We have to do something, these people just took poison!"

I quickly raised my voice enough so Reid could sense my anger.

"No Cyrus just told them he did and I think he's bluffing."

I looked up at him confused, and he continued to go on

"Just after he told them about the poison, he waited for them to start to react. Then he nodded to one of his people and he started writing."

He gestured me to look over at Cyrus and we saw them conversing while looking back at the audience.

"They're scanning the audience looking for reactions."

"They're writing down the names of people who are crying."

"It's a loyalty list"

"So he knows who will follow him to the end."

I then Leaned back against the wall and sighed.

"Be still. There was no poison instead, a test of faith because of your adversary, the devil walketh about as a roaring lion! Choosing whom he may devour!"

His voice was filled with anger, the number of people cried outnumbered the number of people who had intense loyalty for him.

"Watch each other for signs of weakness. You are your brother's keepers"

He finally said calming down and turning back around to face the back wall. I looked around and people had stopped crying, they were all looking around. They were scared of what's to come next.

—-

"Which one of you is it?"

We were taken back down to the bunker away from everyone else after the service was done. We saw Cyrus walking towards us, and he pulled a gun out of his belt buckle.

"Which one of you is the F.B.I agent?"

"Why do you think one of us is an F.B.I agent?"

Spencer quickly said trying to diffuse the situation. Cyrus then pulled a gun and pointed it at Spencer. Spencer played dumb, acting like he didn't know what he was talking about. I panicked.

"It's me."

Cyrus immediately looked at me and lowered his gun. I looked at Cyrus and I could feel a stare coming from Spencer. Cyrus then grabbed my hair and pulled me away to a separate room.

"I told you not to put me in this position!"

He threw me onto the ground and slapped me. He kicked me in the stomach and yelled at me to get up. As soon as I did he punched me and I was slammed into a mirror.