TRA Marking Criteria

Assalam Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu!

While we churn the wheels of your success, take a look at the Marking Criteria we've designed for all your books below! It's much tougher this year, because we've added something called the "Filter-Resistant Criteria" and "Between The Lines". Please read EVERYTHING carefully.

FILTER-RESISTANT CRITERIA

(round 1 of judging)

***

The number of books have gone up, and it only makes sense that we include this area for the marking. as we all know, don't judge a book by its cover doesn't exist. We're planning on judging this them this year (only to books, mind you), and it's going to carry weight.

Out of all of books in each category, we will judge the aesthetics of your book. That is to say;

Cover : [__/50] marks

Title: [__/25] marks

Description: [__/25] marks

If you happen to come in the top 40 of the 92 books (currently added) to our TRA Entries Reading List, your book will be eligible for the next round of rigorous judging described in the following text. If not, we're sorry to say that you will have to be removed from the competition.

So what are you guys waiting for?! Help your authors make it to the shortlist for TRA 2020 by designing stunning covers for the books you love! We can't wait to see what you guys will come up with.

BETWEEN THE LINES

(round 2 of judGing)

***

Plot / Mind-gripping Factor: [__/50]

The aesthetics may be amazing, but it's the story that matters most at the end of the day. Shouldn't it live up to its name? The rich content of delicately packed lessons sewed between lines of entertainment makes us extremely happy. 😍 And if you've got a good plot, you've got a good story! 

Grammar / Seasoning Factor: [__/25]

Honestly speaking, this might just be one of the things that gets you to the top. There are many beginners on Wattpad, but we're looking for those who are serious with their work. It's not about just the spelling, we're looking at good sentence and paragraph structure too. And don't get your hopes up with the filler chapters, write what's required! ✍️

Rating / Opinion Factor: [__/25]

This one is more judge-based. Almost half of the marks are based on the reader's interest in your story. The time a reader takes out if their life for your book, the time they spend while reading your book, it's enjoyment, the Islamic benefits, the subconscious impacts are counted under this part of the marking scheme. Does your story make the reader do this: 🤯 or 😴?

READERS CHOICE AWARD

Title: [__/10]

Cover: [__/10]

Plot: [__/20]

Grammar: [__/10]

Rating: [__/50]

Total Marks = [__/100]

Total Marks = (Number of votes)*(Marks)

It all matters heavily on the number of votes on every book!

As for the prompt-inspired story, we'd like to keep the marking criteria a secret for now. ;) All the best, everyone!

***

Next Up: #TRASPECIAL Best Muslim Reader's Choice Award Voting List!