2.

When I came out, Mr. Gomez was waiting. He took me to his automobile and drove us to a house some way away. Music played on a small device the size of one's palm. I dared not ask what it was and betray my ignorance of this modern world.

We came inside a townhouse where people were waiting about an open drawing-room. Another of those strange moving-image devices was faced by seating.

There were three girls about the same age as I was, at least without counting the years spent in torpor.

"This is Lydia," Mr. Gomez indicated a tall brown-skinned girl with thickly curled black hair, she had white-rimmed glasses and wore a pink sweater of sorts that left her shoulder and collarbone exposed.

"This is Nora." He then motioned to a girl with long silky black hair, tanned skin, and dark eyes outlined with thick black makeup. She wore a hooded apparel and loose fitted black trousers. A long metal bar reached from one side of her right ear to the other, while her left ear had a great many rings.

Last was Rachael, a small freckled girl with bushy blonde hair only a few inches long. She wore a striped shirt underneath denim overall like workers in the fields.

"I am pleased to meet you, my name is Anastacia Mikhalkov."

"Anastacia, you'll be rooming with Rachael."

"But—"

"I know you're anxious about sharing a room, but we don't have any place else..."

Rachael gave a pout. "Okay..."

"Why don't you show her your room?"

"Alright..."

I followed Rachael to a small room with a pair of bed superimposed one upon the other.

"I got the top bunk," Rachael said, yet her voice was distant. "You can have that drawer."

Her words were buried underneath a much louder sound; I could feel her heart beating, a loud thumping that awoke great hunger inside me.

I could not control myself, nor even realize what I was doing. In a swift motion, I'd grabbed Rachael and sank my fangs into her soft exposed neck.

Rachael of course had gone limp, unable to fight and letting out little pleasured breath. The embrace of my kind had that effect on hers.

I lost myself in the feeding frenzy, sloppily drinking, sweet exquisite blood gushing out of her. I sucked all I could, getting my face disgustingly covered.

It was only after a moment I came to my senses realizing what I had done, I pulled away and licked the wound sealed, another ability of my kind.

"No... no, no no no no no—" I covered my mouth realizing just what I'd done. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was doing..."

Rachael fuddled to keep on her feet, bracing against a nearby dresser.

"What..." She reached for her neck, still awash in her own blood... "You bit me!"

"I am sorry! I was starving and lost control!"

"You bit me and drank my blood..." She said, breathing hard. "This is insane..."

"Please, you can't tell anyone what I've done, if the wrong person learns of my nature they would do unspeakable things to me, I'll do anything you want..."

Rachael's expression changed, from shock and horror into worry.

"You're a vampire... I must be dreaming, that or the blood loss is getting to me..."