Prologue

| ~ The New Beginning ~ |

Meliodas was just finishing up cleaning the bar, putting away mugs and cleaning the counter when he heard the door open. He didn't bother looking up though.

"Sorry, bar's closed for the day. Come back again tomorrow." He said.

"I'm not here for a drink. I'm here on business."

Meliodas looked up to see a dark skinned man with an eyepatch. He quietly sighed, knowing a government official when he sees one.

"Can I help you with anything sir?" He asked, trying not to sound annoyed. The government's been on his ass ever since he destroyed a mountain in a tourist area. Technically it wasn't his fault, blame the random supervillain trying to kill him for no reason.

"Actually yes. I'm afraid you're going to have to come with me." The man said.

"Sorry, but I have no intentions of going anywhere, especially with a stranger." Meliodas declined as he started putting the mugs away.

"I wasn't asking."

"Is that a threat?" Meliodas questioned, sounding bored of the situation and not turning around to face the man.

"No." The man said. "But this is."

Meliodas looked over his shoulder just in time to see the man snap his fingers, and when he did people in uniforms came through the windows and pointed their guns at him.

Meliodas sighed then put the mug down. "You do know you're gonna have to pay for the damages right?"

"Meliodas, you're under arrest for being a possible terrorist."

The Dragon Sin of Wrath looked at the man with the eyepatch with a look of annoyance. He was losing his patience. "I'm only gonna say this once; leave."

"Take him."

Next thing Meliodas knows, he's being shot at, but what they didn't expect was Meliodas to jump over them, near the door of the tavern, and make a run for it. Meliodas was framed and chased by authorities once, so this isn't his first time running from law enforcement. But when he got outside he saw someone piloting a hulk-buster. That's right, Meliodas knows what it is, and he can't say he's a fan. There were also a lot of helicopters pointing their lights at him as well as tanks and even more soldiers. At least they weren't underestimating him.

"There's no where to run."

Meliodas looked back at the man with the eyepatch.

"You're not gonna get away."

Meliodas gained a smirk, "that's what you think."

Meliodas then proceeded to bring out his dark wings, then took off into the sky. It took a second, but the helicopters, and even some jets, started to give chase.

"Man these guys don't know when to give up." The blonde sighed.

Meliodas tried to do some twists and turns around buildings but the pilots were too good. He even passed by some civilians, thinking that they wouldn't follow, but boy was he proven wrong when they were still hot on his tail. In order to get the drop on them, Meliodas stopped flying and instead just hovered as the jets sped right passed him. He managed to start flying in a different direction, but when he was about to pass a building, one of the jets came around that same corner and shot a missile at him. Meliodas barely had enough time to dodge, but then he looked back and saw it hit another building. The people near it started running away from the falling rubble, but a little girl was just looking up at it. Meliodas wasted no time and quickly flew over to her and took her in his arms right before the rubble crushed her.

"Thank you mister." The little girl beamed once Meliodas gently put her down.

"You okay? You're not hurt are you?" Meliodas asked as he crouched down to check if she had any injuries. The girl just shook her head with a smile.

Meliodas smiled back then waved goodbye as he flew back up into the air. What just happened pissed him way the hell off. What kind of idiot shoots a missile at a small target in the middle of the city surrounded by civilians!?

One of the jets got close to Meliodas but right before it could shoot at him, the blonde quickly turned back around and hit the wing of the plane so the pilot wouldn't be able to follow him. He knew the pilot would eject so no actual harm was done. Another jet flew close to Meliodas, but this time, he didn't want to risk anyone getting hurt (because clearly the agents can't think for shit) so he flew up into the air where the jet started shooting at him. He dodged all the bullets, so the pilot started using missiles. Of course that didn't work either but then one of the missiles that were fired, exploded and trapped him in a specially made net. Meliodas has to give this pilot credit for that.

Meliodas tried to break out of the net but he didn't even make a scratch. Whatever it was made of was definitely a pain in the ass. The blond hit the ground hard, and he'll definitely be feeling that for a while. He even got a little dizzy.

"Ok, that hurt." Meliodas groaned.

Not long after he crashed, armored vehicles showed up, and the other jets surrounded him. The man with the eyepatch exited one of the vehicles and walked up to Meliodas, the soldiers took out their guns and waited for a reason to shoot the downed blond. The man with the eyepatch took out a needle with clear liquid in it.

"Hope you've had your fun. Because you're gonna be locked up for a long time." The man then injected the needle in Meliodas' arm, and the blond started feeling really really tired. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't keep his eyes open.

Damn these humans.