Chapter 6

| ~ Gamma World Part 1 of 2 ~ |

Meliodas didn't know where he was. He was standing in a pitch black void. Something about it felt off.

"Thor? Steve? Tony? Hank, Wasp? Panther? Anyone there? Hello!" Meliodas shouted, he hoped he would hear his teammates voices but he only heard his voice echoing. Every time he took a step it was like his feet were walking on puddles of water, he could see his reflection and the ripples like he normally could with water.

Meliodas looked up to see a blurry figure. He squinted his eyes but still had trouble defining any features.

"Who's there?" He called out.

Once the figure came into view, Meliodas' eyes widened. It was him, he was looking at himself and it definitely wasn't a mirror or an illusion, he could tell. The only difference was that the Meliodas he was looking at was in his Assault Mode.

It kinda unnerved Meliodas to see himself like that. That was the same Meliodas that led the Ten Commandments.

Assault Mode Meliodas charged at him, and right as he got to him, Meliodas woke up. A dream. A dream about his Assault Mode? Why? That's never happened before.

"Meliodas you ok?"

The short blond looked up at Wasp who asked the question. The other Avengers and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents they were with were looking at him. It took him a second to remember what happened. The team were in the middle of chasing down Hawkeye, an apparent traitor to S.H.I.E.L.D. when agents showed up and asked for the Avengers help. They were all in a jet flying towards The Cube, Meliodas had fallen asleep during the ride.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just a bad dream." Meliodas mumbled the last part.

"You were panicking. You wanna talk about it?" Wasp asked.

Meliodas thought about it for a second. It would feel nice to talk about his dream but he didn't want them to know about his Assault Mode yet. He didn't wanna scare them.

"Nah, it's fine. It's just a dream, nothing to worry about." Meliodas reassured. He gave Wasp a smile. He's had a lot of practice hiding his emotions and sometimes it comes in handy. However he promised himself he wouldn't do that anymore. Thankfully Tony broke the silence, distracting the others.

"I'm getting a little antsy here Quartermaine. You won't tell us where Fury is, you're not telling us what's going on."

"Even if I knew where Fury was I wouldn't be at liberty to tell you Iron Man. As for what's going on, well it's easier if you see for yourself." Quartermaine tried to explain best he could.

Eventually they all made it to The Cube. It had a green energy dome around it. One Meliodas could tell was gamma radiation based. For some reason he felt really uneasy about it. The jets landed and when the hanger opened, they all got a good look at the dome.

"What manner of sorcery is this?" Thor wondered.

"It's pure gamma radiation. Man, I bet Hank is sorry he stayed behind in Wakanda now." Tony commented.

"No kidding, this is way cooler than studying vibranium." Wasp said, then she looked to her left to see Panther giving her a slight glare. "No offense."

"Where is Bruce Banner?" Someone asked. The Avengers looked over to see a scientists with green hair. "I was told he was on your team."

"Why does that man have green hair?" Steve whispered to Tony.

Tony responded with; "I have no idea." Tony then started talking with the green haired man. "You're Dr Lenard Sampson right? Hulk is on a. . . Vacation."