【Chapter 6】

❝ 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞

 ❞

*(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Laying on the cold ground with my wings wrapped around my body as my only source of warmth, my eyes were wide open, afraid if I were to close them more than a minute I would get back to the void. Silly talk really, but years stuck in a void changes people. Escanor, who was sleeping in a room which was under the tavern, asked if I wanted to take his bed, but being the polite business women that I am I refused, I couldn't make my business partner feel like I'm a leech, and that's the last thing I would want to happen, think of what could happen to the deal!

Sighing, I got up with my large wings still wrapped around my body and walked towards the counter. Climbing over it I grabbed a cup from under the counter and went towards the barrels, pouring myself a full cup of ale, I went over the counter again and sit criss-cross-apple-sauce on the cold ground. I sipped the cup as the liquid went down my throat leaving my it feeling hot, sure the smell of ale will stay there for a while.

The door which kept the cold at bay was closed, yet it was heavily protected with strong metal, something I noticed when I gribbed the door knob. He was prepared for attacks I'll give him that, but why? He was in the middle of a bunch of huge mountains with very cold climate and he still needs a strong medal door for safety, he must have thought he could get robbed, though there must be a deeper purpose, he is no ordinary bartender that's for damn sure.

Gulping down the rest, I walked up to the counter and placed the cup there. Walking back to my spot I sat down, though something shiny cought my attention. Turning around, I found an axe that is holded up in the wall, it was golden colored axe with a goddess image to the right that was sideways with white in the sides and a long handle with spikes in the outersides, all in all it was beautiful.

Curiosity got a hold of me, getting up yet again I walked towards it and climbed over the counter. Using my wings to fly slightly I gripped the handle of the axe and pulled it upwords only for it almost fall to the ground because of me not expecting its weight. Grabbing it with both hands I lifted it up with as much strength as I could muster and was able to put it ontop of my shoulder. Putting it off of my shoulder I placed the head of the axe in my left hand as my right hand gripped the handle, it was really heavy, more heavier than I thought but in the end I was still able to carry it. 

Hearing the door for downstairs open I turned around to find Escanor looking at me with wide eyes, or what I think were wide eyes, I can't really tell with those glasses that of his. "W-what are you doing?! Please put it back Ms. (Y/N)! If you were to let go of it and allow it to fall to the ground it could split this mountain in half!" He runned towards me, telling me to put it back while I look at him with a stoic look.

"How were you able to get this all the way up to the mountain if this is able to split it open? Aren't you weak?" Looking at him, he jumped and immediately became anxious. Sighing, I placed back the axe in its original hold. "Its fine if you don't want to tell me, its your personal things anyways." Walking towards the door I opened it and yelled out towards him that I'll be going to get us something to eat with him nodding in confirmation.

Opening up my wings I flapped them into the sky and flew off to the top of the mountains to look for food. Flying up, I looked down searching for any signs of animal life, then my eye cought a pack of wolves walking in the more flat surface of the whole region, summoning my two weapons I silently went down until my feet hit the ground and my weapons ready to fly and hit a wolf in the head. While being quite I threw my left weapon and then my right weapon, both landing on the wolfs skulls.

The other pack members ran away while I started to pick up my two dead preys. Carrying them both in my arms I expanded my wings again and flapped, flying towards the sky I flew there for a couple seconds until I flew down towards the tavern mountain, that's what I decided to call it, and landed in front of the door, turning the knob I opened the door 

Entering the tavern Escanor looked at the two wolves that were in my arms, "Why did you bring wolves in here?" He asked with a shaky finger jesturing towards the wolves. Looking down at our meal all I did was just shrug and place it onto the counter.

Turning around towards him, I asked "Hey, do you have any wood? I need to skin the wolf and the cook it. Though I don't see any wood around here except for that of the barrels." The man was silent, but then nodded and walked downstairs to I don't know.

Getting my weapon out, I dragged one of the wolves by the leg and put it onto one of the tables. Stabbing it by the stomach I started to take out all the fur and all the other stuff that I rather die then even eat. When I was about done with the second one I heard footsteps going up the stairs and there appeared  Escanor with a bundle of wood, he seemed to be having trouble. Walking towards him I grabbed the bundle and put it in the ground, litting up my hand with a small fire I throughed it and boom, fire. Though for some strange reason Escanor went to go and get water, did I do it wrong? Well, I lit it up didn't I?

Watching as he got a big bucket of water and runned to poar it into the fire, putting the fire out he was panting before looking at me like I was crazy. "Ms. (Y/N)! Thats not how you make a fire, have you even made a fire before?" I laughed, "Of coarse I have, like that one time that I lit a forest on fire, and the other time that I- " Before I could talk again Escanor covered my mouth with a disapproving look.

Furroing his eyebrows, Escanor took the wood and began to make a fire using the 'proper' way, I hope my days stay like this, learning new things withought having to fight, that would be nice.

(ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ! ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)