Chapter 5: Life's harmony

A/N: 23.10.2020

Chapter 6 will be available on Patreon soon 💕

Posting chapter 5 on Wattpad before my oral presentation. Wish me luck 😰🤧

***

Nov 7, 2021: author from the future

Hey Homies, It's your author from the future! I finally decided to make a YouTube channel!! I'm thinking of posting vlogs, book reviews, giveaways, and writing tips/advice! If you guys are interested, please subscribe!

Youtube channel: letsgohomehidee

🌻🌻🌻

I had a good night’s sleep thanks to Parker and Freddie. I climbed out of bed and got ready for my first day of class. I took a cold shower, brushed my teeth, and shrugged into a fresh pair of clean clothes that I had ironed the day before. Then came the hard part: breakfast. I made toast and eggs, and sat down at the table when everything was plated. I tried my best not to skip meals, especially breakfast, because apparently it was the most important meal of the day, but it was also when I had the least of an appetite. 

“Eat healthy nutrients to fuel your body,” I quoted Dr. Philip George. It took me a few minutes before taking a bite. I took another. And then another. And then stopped when my stomach told me no more.

"Next time," I murmured to myself, excited to get out of the kitchen and start the day. When I left the building, I saw Parker saddled over the big, black motorcycle that I had parked next to. The steel glistened under the bright sun, making me squint from the brightness. There was a girl sitting behind him, wearing ripped black jeans and a bright red tank top that matched her bold lipstick. I watched as Parker adjusted a helmet on her head and assumed that she was the girl he was “pleasure fighting” with. She was beautiful, and looked like models I’d often see on magazine covers or posters. Tall, slim, beautiful long hair that she whipped over her shoulder like a horse’s man. 

Parker put on his own black helmet, and the girl leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his waist. But the sudden image of Parker’s strong, sweaty body, and his prominent V cut, flashed through my mind. The motorcycle roared to life, and I watched as they zoomed out of the parking lot, disappearing down the road in the blink of an eye. 

It was the exact same scene you’d see in movies. Rom coms, if I’m not mistaken, where a handsome young man would drive away with a gorgeous woman on a motorcycle and disappear into the sunset towards yonder. Except Parker was probably heading to university for his bio-chem class, a subject he didn't enjoy studying.

"Don't mind him, Parker loves making dramatic exits," said a voice. I was so focused on Parker that I didn’t notice him walk out of the building. His eyes were a warm chestnut brown. They were nice to look at.