Chapter 12: My friend date

A/N: 21.11.20

Hey, Homies! Chapter 13, 14, 15, AND 16 is now available on my Patreon; and chapter 17 is already in the works ;) For early access to Conan The Dandelion chapters, you can find the link in my Wattpad bio or find me @letsgohomehidee on Patreon.

🌻🌻🌻

"Yo, dandelion," Parker asked, standing at my door.

"Hello, Parker," I smiled. It's been two weeks since the incident happened. We never brought it up after apologizing to each other, but ever since, Parker has been coming to my house more often. Even though he had nothing in particular to tell me, he'd stop by and hang out for an hour or two.

Parker let himself in, heading to my kitchen. He picked up the turkey sandwich I didn't finish and took a bite of it as he opened my fridge.

"Are you a vegetarian? There's meat in the sandwich," I said worriedly.

"Do I look like a vegetarian?" He snorted. I paused.

"I don't think vegetarians look a certain way," I murmured.

"No, I'm not a vegetarian," he said. He walked over to me and placed the juice in my hands, ripping the plastic off the straw with his teeth before poking it in the hole. He leaned forward, drinking from the straw as I held the juice box with two hands.

I didn't feel as sick as I used to whenever Parker stood close to me. Though, he made great effort not to come close, which was hard for him considering that he was a man who enjoyed physical touch. Not necessarily sexually, but in a natural naturally, the same way some people needed to express their feelings with words or others needed to be alone to think. Parker needed human contact. It was his way of showing affection.

"I got in a fight with Greg," he said. "The old geezer said he'd fix the pipes weeks ago, and it wasn't until I threatened to break his kneecaps he came to fix them. What about you? Are you still taking cold showers?"

"Yes. I'm still waiting for Greg to come by."

"Tell him you'll break his knees if he doesn't," Parker said. He stopped, studied my tiny frame, then scowled. "On second thoughts, just call him."

"I will," I smiled. Parker looked around my kitchen for food.

"You don't have a lot to eat," he frowned, swiping the cupboard with his index and rubbing the dust between his fingers. "There's more dust in here than food."

"I don't eat a lot."

He studied me from head to toe again.

"You don't look like you eat a lot either."

My chest tightened, and I tried to keep my smile, but Parker's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Do you eat three meals a day?"

"I try to."

Parker frowned, but before he could say anything, I spoke first.

"Do you need anything?" I asked. Parker pursed his lips, and I could tell what I previously said bothered him, or rather, what I didn't say. Fortunately, he let it slide.

"No, I came here to give you something. Catch," he took out an object from his pocket and tossed it my way. It hit my chest and fell on the floor.

"We'll work on that," Parker mumbled, scooping it up and placing it in my hands. "Here. For you."

My eyes widened at the box of orange earplugs.

"You bought these for me?"

"Don't start crying. They only cost me a dollar," he grumbled.