Its Perfect (Reggie Peters x Reader)

A/n: So I wrote this up after having a mental breakdown listening to Unsaid Emily on repeat. No regrets. But yeah you guys should comment some requests!

Warnings: Mention of abuse
————
"Yeah well at least I'm not a dead beat drunk!" I yelled at my father who stood a few steps away from me with a bottle of liquor at hand.
As soon as the words left my mouth I should've known I wouldn't get away with it.
My eyes burned as I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. I held it, in pain. Tears stinging my eyes.
"A bitch. Just like your mother was" He said taking another swig of his drink.
I quickly sprinted out the door with nothing but the clothes on my back. Hearing the man that once dried my tears when I fell on the playground shout out awful slures towards me.
I wasn't daddy's girl anymore.
I ran. I ran as far as my feet would carry me. Until I reached a familiar house 9 streets away.
I ran into the driveway quietly. Knowing Bobby's family would be asleep by now. I panted reaching for the garage doors pulling them open and running in shutting them immediately behind me.
"Y/n?" A familiar voice spoke from behind me. I turned around seeing two of my bandmates getting ready for bed. I took a few steps forward trying to steady my breath.
"I-" I didn't even get a word out before I broke down completely.
"I'll call Reggie" Luke spoke leaving out the doors I had just come from.
Presumably towards the house that had the landline.
"It's okay" Alex whispered pulling me close in a tight hug. I cried into his chest as we sunk down to the floor.
I cried for what felt like hours before the door opened once more. I looked up through blurry eyes seeing my boyfriend standing there in a white tee shirt and black jeans. With his lucky red flannel tied around his waist.
"Baby" He whispered coming to sit next to me.
"Thanks guys. I've got her from here"
"We'll give you guys some time"
"Feel free to pull out the extra air mattress for tonight" Luke said before him and Alex left the studio.
"Baby what's wrong?" He whispered in my ear pulling me close.
"I-it's my dad. I can't-I can't be there anymore. I won't" I choked out letting my tears fall freely.
"Shhh it's okay" He attempted to soothe me. Each hair stroke making me feel safer knowing he was right next to me.
Ready to protect me from anything and everything. I cried as he lifted me in his arms moving me over to the couch never releasing his tight embrace on me.
"It's not Reg. He called my mom a bitch and then called me a bitch and then he slapped me" I cried. The boys jaw clenching.
It was very rare that you saw Reggie angry but when he was it was blaintly obvious you did not want to mess with him.
"He did what?" He asked clearly aggravated.
"He laid his hands on you" He spoke again trying to stand up.
"No Reggie. Please don't leave me" I whisper holding onto him. His tensed body seemed to ease as he held me close.
"I'll never leave you baby. You know that" He said the room going silent as we enjoyed each other's company even in saddest of moments.
"Your never going back there again" He spoke after a while.
"Where will I sleep?" I asked.
"Here. Alex and Luke won't mind. Niether will Bobby. You'll move here"
"I- I don't know if that's a good idea"
"I already talked it through with the guys"
"It's true" A familiar voice spoke from the doorway.
Our heads whipped towards the door to see the rest of the band standing there with frowns upon their faces.
"We all talked about it and think it's best"
"My parents won't mind. Just like Alex and Luke your apart of the family and are welcome anytime" Bobby said as the three boys got closer.
"You're our bandmate"
"Our friend"
"Our little sister"
"And we'll protect you from anyone who hurts you" Alex finished making my eyes well up once more.
"I love you guys" I smiled as Reggie placed a kiss on my temple.
"We love you too baby. And once Sunset Curve plays the Orpheum. The first thing we'll do is buy a house where we'll have our own room. Our own privacy" Reggie said running his hand up and down my arm.
"Cool it man no need to get all hot and bothered right now" Luke said making me giggle.
"Plus I think there's something you need to do before that" Alex said winking at Reggie. I looked at the two confused as Reggie nodded his head.
"What? What does he need to do?" I asked watching smirks beginning form on my bandmates faces.
I watched as Alex ran towards the loft. His figure only becoming visible again when he threw a small object over the balcony down towards Bobby. Again I watched as he caught it tossing it towards Luke who walked it over the a Reggie.
"I was gonna wait until we got signed after our big show at the Orpheum. But some things happen for a reason I guess" Reggie spoke nervously.
I watched as he kneeled down beside me. My body immediately sitting up in worry.
"Y/n, god where do I start. We've been best friends since elementary school. And lovers for 2 years now. After I wasted way too many years trying to make you jealous instead of telling you how I felt. That was my first mistake. My second mistake was not asking you this sooner. Y/n Y/l/n will you marry me?" He asked making my eyes widen as he open a black velvet box with a beautiful ring inside.
I look around at the other boys who had smiles spread across their faces.
"I may not be the smartest, the funniest, or even the hottest of the group" He spoke playfully glaring at Luke.
"And I really don't know why you chose me out of all of us. But you did. Its all I can offer right now but if you stick through it with me I promise one day I'll give you the world" He said a smile forming on my face.
"It's perfect Reginald. Your perfect" I spoke. Taking in his beautiful features.
"So it that a yes?" I heard Alex ask. "Yes. Yes! Oh my god yes!" I yelled pulling him up for a hug.
I grinned as he slipped the ring on my finger hearing the boys around us cheering. But the only thing I was focused on was the boy in front of me.
A boy who had only been known to show me lust, compassion, and love.
I giggled as Reggie pulled me into a passionate kiss the cheering dialing down.
"She said yes!" He shouted as soon as we pulled away.
"Congrats man" Luke said patting Reggie on the back.
"You know man you should just move in too while we're at it" Bobby joked.
"No!" Luke and Alex shouted at the same time.
"We do not need them consummating their marriage a few feet away from us while we try to sleep"
"It's only a matter of time boys. We do need to do that though huh?" I joked looked at Reggie.
"I'm not complaining" He said a lopsided smile forming on his face. I giggled as the boys began to make sounds of disgust.
"We'll head to your place first thing tomorrow and get your stuff for tonight you can barrow some of my clothes" Alex spoke going to his suitcase as pulling out a pair of boxers for me to wear as shorts.
"Thanks Alex" I smiled watching as Luke and Bobby moved under the loft to pull out the extra blow up mattress there for anyone else who needed to stay the night. Which usually was usually me or even Reggie sometimes. When things got real bad at home.
"I've got her shirt" Reggie said removing his flannel and handing it to me.
"Thanks babe. I know how much you love this thing"
"I do. But I love you more. Plus you look hotter in it than I do"
"I don't know about that. Something about your James Dean rocker look gets me turned on" I whispered in his ear.
I giggled watching his eyebrows raise in surprise. His usual pink tinted cheeks going red.
"Hey! No sex before the wedding" Luke joked.
"Let me live Patterson" Reggie said taking my hand to lead me towards the small bathroom in the back of the garage.
"Where are you going?"
"To consummate our marriage" I joked. Sort of.
Reggie and I laughed as the boys groaned in annoyance.
"I mean I am staying the night" Reggie said pulling me into the small room.
"Your sleeping outside" Alex called after us. Reggie not hesitating to shut the door behind us.