20 : Hidden but Exposed

Tempest and Galan stood on the hill that looked over the village. Had she not known it was there it might have been very difficult to see. The woods surrounding it were full of traps and she knew better than to go marching there unannounced.

Aida has teleported them here at her request before she and Samual set off. They had kept their luggage to a minimum, keeping just a small bag each. They would have to hunt for their food whilst on their journey, but that would not be a problem. She was used to living off the wild when necessary as it allowed her were an opportunity to be let out as well, which she loved.

"What now?" Galan asked as she headed towards the village. He followed her, nonetheless, sure that she knew what she was doing.

"We have people to meet," Tempest told him. "But we must be careful. These woods are full of danger."

"Tempest, where are we?" Galan asked with a small frown.

"Clayton's Valley," she said as she continued her walk. She heard Galan pause behind her and she let her smile grow, knowing he couldn't see her face.

"The Valley of the Rogues?" he asked her as he caught up with her.

"Yes," she said.

"Why are we here?" he asked again. "I thought we were going to your home."

"How do you know this isn't it?" she asked, turning to face him for a second. Galan frowned and continued to watch her as she walked further into the woods. He took a deep breath and followed her, his Lycan on high alert. As he walked he noticed the wolves running parallel to them. He knew Tempest was aware of them but she paid them no mind. After about fifteen minutes of walking, Galan saw a group of men standing in their path. He moved closer to Tempest but stopped when he saw her questioning look.

There was a man who stood in front of the others, his figure large and imposing. His Lycan pushed closer to the surface, checking how much of a threat he actually was. Tempest walked closer to the man who was clearly the Alpha and stood in front of him. If Galan hadn't known how capable of defending herself she was, he would have pushed his way in between them. What stopped him was the fury he knew would be directed his way by his mate if he dared do it.

What he didn't expect was for Tempest to lean into the tall man and give him a big hug. He couldn't stop the angry growl that erupted from his chest and he could have sworn Tempest rolled her eyes, even though he was behind her. She gave the other four men high fives and his confusion multiplied exponentially. What the hell was she doing giving rogues high fives.

She finally turned back to face him and dragged the man towards him. The other men stayed where they were, watching them closely. The grin on Tempest's face made another growl rumble through his chest. He should be the one to make her smile like that. He didn't like the fact that it was another man that she was obviously devoted to.

When they were in front of him, Tempest smiled at him and made an introduction. "Galan, this is Daniel. He leads the Clayton's Valley Pack. I think you call him 'King of the Rogues'," Tempest said with what looked suspiciously like a smirk. "Daniel, Galan is the Lycan Prince. We need to talk to you."

In spite of himself, he was annoyed that Tempest didn't introduce him as her mate. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She seemed to catch onto his angst and she offered him an apologetic smile.

"Come," Daniel said. " Sammy will be happy to see you."

*

"I'm still processing," Tempest told him. He was standing by the window of the living room, looking outside. She saw him stiffen before he slowly relaxed his shoulders.