14. Yes to Yale

The sizzling sound of the pancake batter making contact with the hot pan roared across the dining area and the kitchen. The smell of coffee was wafting giving that place a heavenly finishing. 

" Good morning love. What are you making love?" Sebastian husked pulling Clare into her from behind as her back crashed into his chest.

" You're not blind Sebastian." She said freeing her from his grip and flipping the most perfect batch of pancakes, yes, she was a chef.

" You sure you are not hungry? We could go over last night al-" He turned her and pulled her closer and their lips touched but soon to be interrupted by a groan.

" What the fuck did I drink last night?" Elara made her way to the kitchen nook and sat their grumpily with her head in her hand, pulling the nesty hairs of her.

" Way to start a morning!" Sebastian said sardonically turning to look at her and then pass a Tylenol pill and a glass of orange juice. She took the pill and drank the juice in a haphazard manner, not able to control the pain in her head.

" No, seriously, what did I drink yesterday?" She asked looking in between Sebastian and Clare. Clare passed her a plate of golden-brown pancakes with whipped cream on the side. 

" You had five glasses of champagne." She said untying her apron and throwing it on the chair beside her.

" And no one stopped me?" She questioned digging into the pancakes and lowering her head in embarrassment. Sebastian turned to her and gave her a look while sipping on his coffee," If you wouldn't be so discreet about it, I would have." He remarked.

" Please tell me I didn't do anything stupid!" She exclaimed slamming her head into the table of the kitchen nook when their parents came out of the guestroom on the right side of the house.

" Good morning kids!" Preston exclaimed, his hand reaching for the newspaper. None of his kids greeted them. 

" Morning, Mr. And Mrs. Curtis! Pancakes?" Clare asked them flipping yet another batch and then turning to them.

" Oh sweetie, it is Preston and Amara to you. Last night we didn't get much time to talk, although it was glorious! The Blakes sure do know how to throw a party!" Her mother exclaimed and Elara rolled her eyes filling her mug with coffee.

" I have an idea! Why don't we hang out, maybe go out shopping? I am sure Elara's closet needs to be replaced." Her mother added again and Clare jumped in excitement. Elara turned and twisted the idea in her head to make some sense out of it, but no matter how much she did, it made no sense either way. Nor did she want to 'hang out' with her mother neither did her closet beg for a change.

" I wish you all could hang out together, but Elara needs to be present for some business." Sebastian said without looking at his parents as if disregarding them and then he turned to Elara pointing his mug at her and said," You should be ready in an hour, dress formal we have a meeting."

" Is it a press conference? Please tell me-"

" No, not a press conference but it's like an interview, on paper just a couple of journalists, no big show." He calmed her down before fading into his room.

Elara finished her breakfast and took a quick shower. She was surprised to see that things in her room were kept as she left them, none of her stuff thrown away, none displaced.

Seeing that Sebastian always had meetings that Elara too had to attend, she had upgraded herself with a couple of formals. For today she decided to wear a black high neck top with bottle-green pair of pants and a matching coat. She completed her look by straightening her hair and tying it into a high pony.