5. Doubts and Affirmations

So this chapter was originally a small filler chapter which I originally wrote to try and upload at least something on a regular basis

So this chapter was originally a small filler chapter which I originally wrote to try and upload at least something on a regular basis. It was only around 600 words long and not a lot happened. This time around, I have added more so that this chapter is around 1300 words. Nothing overly crazy has been added but I like that the story seems to be paced better and at least now it feels more like a full chapter and not just a quick filler.

Hope you all enjoy!

Her Highland Vow

5. Doubts and Affirmations

Momentarily shocked by the news that her marriage to Alasdair MacLeod would mean that her friend, Evelyn, would indeed become her sister, Ravenna remained quiet for sometime.

During this silence Iain had stormed from the great hall abruptly. Ravenna had no doubt that he would go straight to his chambers to sulk and lick his metaphorical wounds from Alasdair having put him in his place. Though he was dangerous, cruel and callous most of the time, she couldn't help but be reminded that he could also act like a petulant child when ignored or reprimanded.

Ravenna had been pleased to see her brother stumble under Alasdair's gaze. She had also been pleased to watch him stride out of the room in a fit. However, she knew that later she would probably end up regretting feeling that way.

Iain was nothing if not vindictive and found no greater pleasure then that of relishing in other peoples pain. Because of this, she knew that at least she and James would face some kind of punishment for what had just transpired between them and their guests.

Much to Ravenna's disappointment, James had not stayed long either, excusing himself before she even had a chance to introduce him.

'Please forgive me brother's behaviour, Laird MacLeod,' Ravenna spoke softly, 'He has been in a wee bit of sour mood these last few weeks.'

'Ya do no' have to apologise on his behalf, milady.' Alasdair responded pleasantly, 'And please, I do insist that ya call me Alasdair.'

Ravenna bowed her head in response with a slight smile across her lips.