☽ Chapter V ☾

When the woman woke up, her body was lying on the floor. Kreacher, now Kadeem, shook her gently: "Mistress, Mistress. It worked! Look, look! The Goddess has granted you her Blessing. "

Amalthea sat shivering and watched the world around her. They were once again in a forest but this was different from the one they left behind. Trees and more trees, and a distant sun in the sky.

"We must be in Westeros then. But how far from Winterfell?"

"I don't know, Mistress." Kreacher said as confused as she was.

Amalthea reached for her wand and launched an Four-Point Spell , the wand's wood turned slightly, and like a compass, pointed to the North.

"Well, the North is over there." Thea said out, "And if the North is that way, so is Winterfell."

"Maybe if we go over there, first." Suggested Kreacher, pointing to the right. "I seem to see a sign of a road, Mistress."

Amalthea followed the direction the old man was pointing and recognized what he was saying. "Well done Kadeem, yes, I see it too! Come on, it should be safer than staying in this forest."

They advanced through the trees with careful steps, observing their surroundings. Birds chirped through branches and leaves, and a rabbit hopped nearby.

Finally, on the road, Amalthea noticed their change in clothing. Kreacher, old, small, and wrinkled, had his feet in black boots. He wore matching pants, a warm green tunic, and a thick gray cloak over his shoulders.

Amalthea however, no longer had her comfortable jeans and white shirt from before, but rather a greyish-blue dress, extremely beautiful but extremely heavy. She wore very warm brown pants and boots hidden inside the skirts. Over her shoulders, a cloak of medium size and of something that looked like wolf fur, of a gray shade darker than the color of her dress, and around her neck she had small shiny jewels. Thea had Soteira attached to her waist, and the additional weight was good and workable.

Thea wouldn't lie, she liked dresses now which was strange because years ago she would never have dared to wear one. But Sirius had taught her everything about her family and her beautiful ancestors looking like queens in elegant dresses, and then Thea had begun to see the charm... Perhaps, the reason that the idea of getting all dressed up sounded nicer because, that was a way of feeling a closer connection to her magical family.

She imagined that here, in this medieval world, dresses were something she would wear often. But every now and then, she would wear comfortable pants and boots, and no one would dare her otherwise.

Thea was warm, but not warm enough. She cast a heating spell on herself and Kreacher, which he thanked, and returned the wand to its holster tied to her right arm. There it became invisible, hidden inside the holster and the long sleeve, as well as the Elder Wand on her left arm.

Opening her right hand, she saw the Wheel of Hecate drawn on the palm - where the cut used to be -, a crossroads of lines and more lines like a labyrinth of ink. The Goddess had finally blessed her and the mark was on her skin for everyone's eyes. The mark was beautiful, just like the one that she had already engraved on her left wrist. It made her feel good.

"Let's go then." She said to Kreacher, moving forward.

They walked for what seemed like a probable twenty minutes or maybe it was only half an hour, always following the dirt path when they saw an old wooden sign by the side of the road.

"Kingsroad." Amalthea read it. "Well, we already know where we are. And we know that Winterfell is that way, so if we follow this path, we might get there more quickly."