𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻||①

Song: 『Overwhelmed』 · 『(яεмιx) ʀᴏʏᴀʟ & ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʀᴘᴇɴᴛ
ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ sᴏɴɢs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ғᴏʀ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀs.

"Stop asking me to trust you while I'm still coughing up water from the last time you let me drown."

∙∙·▫▫ₒₒₒₒᵒᵒₒₒₒₒ▫▫·∙∙

ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔶 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯'𝔰 ᎮᎧᏉ:

Today is a beautiful day. The sky is a baby blue with soft pillow-like clouds gracefully drifting through. Occasionally a bird or two would fly by enjoying the summer sun. Bees are humming away while they worked on pollinating the flowers just outside the house. The neighborhood kids are playing football in the streets only leaving for refreshments before coming back out to continue.

As envious as I am of the happy children and animals, I'm happy for the entertainment as I watch through the kitchen window. Of course cleaning the dishes from this morning's breakfast, while staring at the outside world isn't exactly enjoyable for some I find it a fun pastime. Most of the time when cleaning I slip in and out of daydreams, constantly wondering what the other's lives are like past the window.

"BOY ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!" Yelled Uncle Vernon as he marched over to me from the living room. I quickly place the plate I was drying down into the now empty sink, not wanting to break another dish the week. 

"N-no sir," is the only this I could get out before getting a hard slap across the face.
"I SAID TO GET THE MAIL, YOU WORTHLESS BOY!" He grabbed a handful of my hair and threw me onto the tile flooring. Knowing better than to fight back I scrambled onto my feet and head outside to the mailbox.

The warm summer heat hits me like a tidal wave. I shield my eyes and stumble over to the mailbox. After opening it and retrieving the mail, I slowly turn around looking through the mail while making it to the house. They always let me keep the magazine's so I might as well grab it now. As I sort through the rather small pile of mail that consisted of bills and letters there was one that looked particularly... peculiar.

A light lilac wax emblem with an 'H' surrounded by four different animals imprinted into the fold of the old-looking envelope. Delicately painted on the stamp was a gold-like powder that made the crescent pop from the soft purple wax.

Whoever wrote this must be important. Slowly I flip it over to look at the address and person so I know which family member needs it. I freeze just outside the door and stare at the letter in my hand.

𝔐𝔯. ℌ. 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯
𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝓊𝓅𝒷𝑜𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓇𝓈
4. 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓉 𝒟𝓇𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝐿𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔
𝒮𝓊𝓇𝓇𝑒𝓎

What? How did they know that I don't have my own room? I look over my shoulder warily just in case the person was watching me now. Instead of finding a creepy man watching me from a distance, I see a tabby cat resting on the front steps next to my shoes causally cleaning her paw.

I've seen this cat before, although she's a local stray, I always go through the trouble to give her belly scratches whenever I see her, especially if it's been a rough day of chores. I smile and give the cat a gentle pat on the head that she leans into before looking back at the letter.