Meeting The Alpha.

Stepping into the office Airini wasn't sure what expect.
What she saw was the room in chaos. The council elders tucked into the corner and Alpha Alan and Beta Greg holding onto a large male who's anger was so strong it made her stomach roll.
On seeing Airini, Beta Greg called to her. "A little help here please." His voice tired and strained. Making her way over she took a look at the male, obviously an Alpha himself and easily a foot taller than herself. He had that stereotypical Alpha look about him. Strong jaw line masculine face. Slight stubble, midnight black hair. His eyes were black as his wolf was trying to take over.
Standing in front of him she allowed her own wolf to show as she placed her hands on the side of his face.
"Look at me." Her soft voice called to him.
His muscles bunched as he tried to ignore her. "Look at me, i can help you. Let me help you." Her voice to much to resist made him turn his eyes to her.
She saw the anger, she saw the pain. "I see you, whatever it is i promise to help." The more she spoke, the calmer he became. His eyes turned dark brown with flecks of green.
Soon he stopped shaking and his breathing slowed.
She nodded her head, making the two men release him slowly.
When he calmed down Airini released him and lowered her eyes, giving him time to compose himself.
Turning to Alpha Alan she bowed. "Forgive the intrusion alpha." He just smiled at her. "Thank you for stepping in."
She turned to the other Alpha before turning to the council elders. "What was so important that i was made to intervene?" One elder stood forward, his age showing her he had been on the council a while. "It has nothing to do with you. This is an important meeting of higher ups."
Airini raised a brow and turned to the Alpha. "Let me help?" It wasn't a demand. The Alpha turned to Alpha Alan and nodded. It was clear he didn't want to talk about it and he stormed out of the office. Alan sighed and began tidying the office.
"Alpha Zane lost his mate two months ago to childbirth. The council have told him to find a replacement."
Two months? Who grieves in two months, even if there is a chance the death of his mate could either kill him or turn him rouge." And their answer is to replace her this soon?"
" He needs a Luna to help lead the pack and to give him an heir." The arrogant elder said.
"There is always another way. To force a mating on anyone is wrong and harmful. Did you consider what his wolf may do to the female? The fact that when it came to the claiming, his wolf may take over and rip her throat out instead?" The words, though spoken softly, were harsh yet true.
Turning her back on her audience, she left to find the Alpha.
"Airini?" Mya called out. She turned to see her friend looking at her sadly. "This is it yes?" Airini smiled back.
"Maybe, the decision isn't mine. But yes my wolf has chosen a path." Mya nodded understanding before giving her a hug. "Keep in touch, i might still need advice." Airini laughed. "You have become a friend to me, i would keep in touch anyway. And i would love to meet your children."
Myas face lite up, she too considered her a friend and was happy she was thinking of the future.
"In that case i hope your next path will be your happiness." And with that she left her friend to continue.

Finding the Alpha by the lake she approached slowly until slightly next to him and waited for him to acknowledge her.
When he looked up she spoke."I have heard what was said and agree it was inappropriate. I have promised to help, but only you can choose." Alpha Zale stared at her "How can you help me? They have already decided." Airini smiled and sat next to him. "Agree and i can give you time, nothing more. But it is better than what they are offering. I also offer help with your grief, to be your friend and confident."
"Is that all you are offering?" Airini smiled "My body is not on offer, neither is it what you need. So my mind and friendship is all." She watched as he thought it over.
"If that is all and you help me to continue looking over my pack. Then i will accept." She knew he would. "Do you wish to accept me now or shall we return first?"
"Return, as tempting as your offer is. There is much to discuss." This statement gave her hope that he will be ok.

Arriving at the office they found it tidied up and Alpha Alan and the council elders still there.
Allowing Alpha Zane to sit down she stood by his side.
"Gentlemen, i am going to offer a solution to this problem. I hope you will prove your wisdom." Stepping forward so they could all see her she began.
"My name is Airini, i am a peacekeeper." The elders began murmuring. "I offer this, to go with Alpha Zane and stand by his side. The period will be one year, in this time i will help Alpha Zane to be peaceful and his wolf calm. After this a mate will be found."
Everyone was quiet for a minute, digesting what was said.
"I agree." The first voice was that of Alpha Zane.
"I too agree." Alpha Alan "Airini has done a wonderful job with my mate. I believe she can help him. If he agrees to the time frame i see no problem."
With this said the elders agreed on condition that he meets potential mates one month before the year was up.
Both Alpha Zane and Airini agreed, and with that the peacekeeper was on a new path.