One Shot The Beta's Unwanted Mate Chapter 4

Ryder's POV::
I don't know his name. The human our Luna was married to.

But he took her body away.

I didn't wish to fight with him. So I let him take her away.

Reese was in a daze.

Nobody knew what to make out of the situation. But chaos was about to start. I could feel it.

The third day after the incident, the human came to the pack house. There was a letter was addressed to the pack.

Contents of the letter:
To the pack members,
     I apologize to everyone for not being able to accept and carry on my duties as your Luna.

    According to me, a Luna's duty is to protect you and nurture you, just like a mother nurtures her child.

  But I had a family, a husband before I even met Reese. I could not forsake my responsibilities towards my husband in order to take care and nurture this pack.

  The only duty that I can now complete is to present the future Alpha, Ryder.

   As soon as he meets his mate, he will assume the position of your Alpha.

  You will wonder why I chose him?

His wolf illustrates his essence. He is a kind leader. The very requirement of being an Alpha. To be a fatherly figure to his pack.

After he lost his father, he has been alone and very much understands the importance of a family. He understands the need to protect and provide for this pack. He is bound by his oath to work for the betterment of this pack and his emotional quotient is good enough to treat everyone with respect and brotherhood.

One more thing that didn't sit well with me is that being werewolves you have to be kind towards each other, stand for your pack members as they are the only ones who are going to help when you will need them. But looking at this pack, I feel sad to know that you were my children. You would not go to help your own pack member when they were in need. I do NOT wish to be the Luna of such a pack.

I hope that the pack becomes stronger with the mutual cooperation, trust , kindness and selfless brotherhood.  So the next Luna would love all of you like a mother and would not leave you like I did.

Thank you.
Tasha

After reading her letter, I didn't know what to say.

Everything was true.

Everything was with a reason except for two things.

One, it is Chance who is going to be the next Alpha and not me.

Second, my mate was Cindy and she left me. She left my wolf. She should not be a Luna. She is very selfish and power hungry.

However, what I didn't expect was a letter written for me. By the Luna herself. Specifically for me.

Contents of the letter:
Ryder,

You may be confused. And you have every right to be confused. I suggested you to be the Alpha because the pack doesn't have any other options.

Reese cannot find a new mate because neither of us said the rejection words. I begged him to but he refused and I would not say the words because either way I would have died.

I would have died if I said the words and I died when I didn't say the words. But so long as the ball was in my court, I would not let Reese be the Alpha because he is selfish. He did not help Olivia when she needed the pack's help. He was the one to set her up in Keith's trap.

Chance cannot become the Alpha because his mate is incapable of feeling the least bit of motherhood towards the pack. And we cannot blame her, can we? The pack betrayed her. How can she feel any warmth towards the pack who is least bothered about her.

And now you, like I said, you have the essence of being an Alpha. Your wolf signifies that.

And if you are worried about your mate, then let me clarify that since Cindy said the words to you, you are now a single wolf.

You know the laws of werewolves. If the words of rejection are said, then both the wolves are absolved from the goddess's choice and can mate once again with a new partner.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N  I am making this law up. I don't know if it exists or not. But it is essential to continue.
~~~~~~~~~~
Cindy can not affect you. Do not go soft on her. She ruined your beliefs and your relationship with your only family.

You will have a very beautiful and kind mate who will cherish you and can be and will be a very good Luna.

Lastly, treat this pack like your family. You have to be a mother and father for this pack. Please don't be a king like Reese wanted to be.

Tasha.

The human also gave letters to Olivia, Chance and Reese. I didn't know the contents of their letters but I was certain of my duties. Train.

Train to be a good Alpha. And wait for my mate.