One Shot The Beta's Unwanted Mate Chapter 3

Ryder POV::
Reese took the Luna to introduce the beta, then Chance and finally came to us.

I bowed.
While Reese was introducing me, the Alpha called for him.

He excused himself and left.

The Luna turned to us and smiled.

The next words were simply not what I imagined to hear from her.

"Please accept my well wishes, future Alpha."

I was horrified and Livi was stunned. Thankfully, there were only two of us standing there or chaos might have begun.

"I don't understand what you mean, Luna?"

Is she trying to test our loyalty?

"But I meant what I said, Ryder."

"I am the Gamma of this pack and I am happy to be a Gamma."

"What does that even mean?" Livi was as confused as me.

"I know he will have to become an Alpha. Just like Alissa knew that you two are each other's protectors."

Livi and I shared a look.

"Can you speak to the moon goddess?" Livi asked.

"No." She smiled.

I saw Reese coming towards us after being done with the business with Alpha, but I wanted to know what she meant.

I wanted to understand how she knows about us being protectors.

Only Alissa, Livi and me know about it.

But I cannot ask it in front of Reese.

I controlled myself and not said anything, even though the curiosity was killing me.

She turned around right at the moment that Reese was exactly behind her.

"How did you know he was right behind you." I asked.

She turned to me again and smiled. "You have clear eyes."

Reese's POV::
I was angry, and losing it. My mate is complimenting another man in front of me. She even smiled at him. How could she?

I wanted to wring Ryder's neck. But I restrained myself. He will face his punishment very soon.

"My mother wants to talk to you." I said to my mate. "Let's go."

She then waved towards Ryder and Olivia, "I hope you never lose your essence, even in the face of a calamity."

I saw their confused faces behind my back. What were they even talking about?

"So, the next full moon is in three days. I want to get to know you within these three days. We are going on a date tomorrow at nine. Be ready."

I had planned a day at theme park. Then a dinner at the most expensive hotel. She would be impressed. I know girls love it.

But she was not paying attention. She did not react and wasn't even looking at me.

Why is it so impossible to talk with her?

"Is something bothering you?" I tried again.

"I am begging you to let me go. Say the words Reese. Or it will be bad for both of us." Her eyes were shining. The first time I see passion in her eyes, she is asking me to leave her.

Ouch. I knew something was wrong. But you never let me talk to her. But she can't leave us. She can't leave ME.

And my wolf was fighting with me to take over. And he was ruthless. So I let him. Even though I will take over the first chance I get. But for a moment, I let him take control.