Chapter Seventeen: Treptune vs Salamander! The Second Round Begins!

Third person's pov:

y/n stepped off of the stage after she defeated her opponent in the second round. She sat down on a bench in the locker room and took a sip of water.

"Good job out there, y/n," Fubuki said, walking up with Toko. They sat down on the bench next to her.

"Thanks! Good luck with your matches," y/n said. "Remember what we practiced, Toko."

Toko nodded with a faint shade of pink on his cheeks. "Yeah, Toko," Fubuki said slightly harshly.

"Ooof. What's going on between the two of you?" y/n asked, crossing her arms.

"Nothing," they replied at the same time and glared at each other. y/n laughed.

"Well, it looks like it's time for your match, Fubuki," y/n said. "Good luck!" she gave him a thumbs up and he stood up.

"Yeah, I'll see you later," Fubuki said. He walked off towards the door leading out to the stadium.

"Let's go out into the crowd, we still have a couple more rounds before it's your turn to go up against Suoh," y/n suggested.

"Sure," Toko replied. The two of them exited the locker room and rejoined the beyclub and bey gang.

Soon enough, Fubuki won his match against his opponent. There were three more battles until it was Toko's turn to go up against Suoh.

"You got this!" y/n said, high fiving Toko. He laughed nervously before running off to the stage.

"Now for our next match! It's Valt Aoi's little brother, Toko Aoi, up against the mysterious Suoh Genji!" Hanami announced. "Who will come out on top? Let's watch and find out."

"Alright, let the first battle begin!" the ref said. "Ready? And set!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Let it rip!"

Both beys flew into the stadium. y/n's eyes widened. "He's in defense mode?" Toko's eyes darted across the stadium. "Treptune, take the center!" Treptune rushed in and stole the center before Salamander could get even close.

"Yes!" y/n exclaimed. "You got this, Toko!" The two beys clashed in the stadium.

Soon they both started losing steam and slowing down. Come on. Come on! y/n thought.

Both beys came to a stop at the exact same time. "It's a draw! No points awarded!" the ref said.

"Great job, Toko! Keep it up!" y/n and Nika exclaimed. Toko bent down and picked up Treptune before grinning.

"Impressive," Suoh muttered. Then his hair flipped to the other side, exposing his eye and mark. "But let's be honest, you're not worthy of Salamander's attack mode."

"Whoa! What happened to Suoh?" Hanami exclaimed. "It's like he's a completely different person!"

"Are you serious?" y/n muttered, sweatdropping. "Whatever. This doesn't make a difference! You can still beat him!"

"Second match. Ready? And set!" the ref yelled.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Let it rip!"

Both beys rushed into the stadium again and Treptune managed to take the center.

"Treptune! Spiral Counter!" Toko yelled. He and his bey's aura surrounded them.

"Salamander! Swirling Inferno!" Suoh yelled, laughing maniacally. Both beys slammed into each other.

Only one burst. The smoke cleared and Treptune's pieces were lying motionless in the middle of the stadium. Salamander wobbled slightly before coming to a stop.

"Heat Salamander with a burst finish. Suoh Genji wins!" the ref exclaimed while Toko picked up his bey's pieces.

"What a shame. I expected much more from Valt Aoi's younger brother," Suoh laughed.

"Hey!! Stop treating him like he's nothing more than Valt's brother! Toko's his own person!" y/n yelled, leaping onto the stage.

"You can't be up here," the ref told y/n, walking up to her. y/n turned her fierce gaze over to him and he backed off. "Okay, okay. Never mind," he squeaked.

"y/n," Toko said. "Thanks." y/n pulled him into a hug while Suoh started walking off stage.

"Suoh! I'll defeat you again! Just you wait!" y/n yelled.

Back at Beigoma Academy...

"Wow! I actually managed to tie with Suoh!" Toko grinned cheerfully.

"Someone's happy," y/n said. "You did a great job!" Toko smiled brightly as they walked up to the roof.

"Even though I didn't win, I showed that I'm not just Valt's brother. And it's all thanks to you," Toko said.

"Nah, you were the one that did all the hard work," y/n said and the two of them sat down on the bench in front of the bey stadium.

"But if you didn't go up there, I totally would have flopped," Toko laughed.

"I would never let you!" y/n exclaimed. "Promise to keep getting stronger?"

"I promise."

A/N: And there is chapter seventeen of A Blader's Love! Hope you enjoyed! Geez, bey battles are so hard to describe... ANYWAY... 

Are any of you gonna dress up for Halloween? I'm going to be a firebender from Avatar: The Last Airbender. XD

Words: 783

-Jupiter