Chapter 2

Draco's POV

"I saw you." Pansy said with her arms crossed. I wasn't even fully in the Slytherin common room. She took the first opportunity to attack me.

"You saw me where?" I asked placing my books next to Goyle on a end table. Pansy seemed to get even more annoyed by the fact that i didn't instantly understand what she meant.

"With her. The Ravenclaw girl."

"Her name is Aura and she was your friend first." Pansy moved her hands to her waist looking even more annoyed.

"That's when I thought she was one of us. Now all she is a stuck up know it all in her pretty blues." Goyle and I looked at each other knowing exactly what the other one was thinking. The hat must have called her an idiot or she thinks she looks horrible in green. Either way, it's some self-centered girl thing between them. "It probably won't be long before she drops you because she met better friends with her own kind."

"And if she does then that's what happens." I smiled dropping down on the couch between the other boys. Pansy looked at all of us not knowing whether to join us or find something else to argue about. "I think this is over with Pansy." She rolled her eyes walking across the room to a group of Slytherin girls.

"You really should think about if she is worth it." Crabbe sounded absolutely disgusting every time he speaks and he makes me shrivel up inside hearing it in my ear.

"She is my friend and that's final."I jumped up looking at them both. "And if you have an issue with her then you best leave it to yourself." I turned walking towards the staircase. There were two sets of staircases. One leading to the boys dormitory and one leading to the girls. If you tried to go to the girls side.....I actually don't know what would happen but I know that it would not be a pleasant experience. So I just made my way into my dorms closing the curtains around me as soon as I was in my bed. My eyes were glued to the top of my bedpost for what felt like hours. Studying every part of the insignia as possible. All I could think about was how I wanted to be around Aura. I was tempted to be near her every second of my day. From this moment until she sends me away from her.

Aura's POV

I looked into my mirror wrapping my hair into a tight braid. I did this every night. No fail. It was a necessity in my family to look beautiful at all seconds. The expectation of the obscure nobility. My mother being a countess and grooming me to be the next based on birth order. I've adopted blue as my signature color now. Everything must be a shade of blue and, if it couldn't be blue then it must be silver. My letter to my mother explaining to send me more in the color palette was sent out this afternoon after my conversation with Draco. As my only true friend at Hogwarts currently, Draco's opinion means a lot to me. "Aura." I looked up from my mirror to a girl in the doorway. She had raven hair and a very welcoming smile. Her name is Cho. A year ahead of me but she was so willing to be kind and welcoming. "Are you coming down with us?" I looked around my room not realizing that my roommates, a girl of Indian descent and a soft spoken blonde , had left without me noticing. Not that they meant to leave without informing me. I was just always in my head.

"I'll be right down." I said with a smile jumping out of my bed. With one last look in the mirror I fastened a blue ribbon at the end of the braid. If Draco was willing to give me a chance, I will accept his friendship. Always. I threw my robes over my shoulders before descending the stairs where Cho was standing waiting for me patiently. "Thank you for waiting."

"I wouldn't just leave knowing someone was still here." She maintained her smile. She was Irish. I could tell even though her accent wasn't too prominent. "Everyone needs dinner." I tried not to smile but it is hard. How could I be cold to those like me when absolutely no one else wanted me? "Are you alright?" I nodded.