Chapter 3

That is Flit or more how i imagine Flit. Aint she cute

Year 2

Dear Aura,

This summer has been free of any entertainment. Mother has kept me studying for our next year and father has been away on business. I feel like his business is more important then his plans with me. This is normal for him but i would be lying if i said i was not looking forward to these plans. The events of this past year with Potter seemed to be unnerving for him. I look forward to hearing about your holiday and hope to see you at the end of the summer.

-Draco Malfoy
Malfoy Manor, Wiltshire
To
Aura St.Clair
St. Clair House, Derbyshire

I read the message over and over petting the head of Flit. This has been my first message back from Draco. Delivered by a rather rude tempered bird that didn't seem to want to wait for a treat or payment. It just left. I quickly grabbed a piece of parchment and my quill. If I don't answer now then Flit will not want to take it. She sometimes has an ill-temper herself. Never to the point where she was aggressive. Just resistant.

My dear Draco,

I'm so sorry your holiday has been ruined. I'm sure your father didn't mean to forget your plans with him. I'm sure he will make up for it. If it makes you feel better i have had a holiday full of studying as well. It will only be a few days until we meet again on Diagon Alley. I look forward to seeing you.

Yours,

Aura St. Clair
St. Clair House, Derbyshire
To
Draco Malfoy
Malfoy Manor, Wiltshire

I rolled the message carefully before wrapping it in a ribbon. I walked back over to Flit. "Take this to Draco my love. Do not leave until you know he has the message and bite him if he doesn't give you a treat." Flit made a sort of whistling sound grabbing the roll out from between my fingers. I watched her as she flew away from me and out into the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure that you are alright going in alone?" My mother asked fluffing my hair so it looked good enough. She was nervous. Always is after last year. It must feel unnerving to know that a student at your child's school had been attacked. By a professor no less. I assured her it was merely rumors and that she had nothing to worry about. Somehow I convinced her to let me travel to Diagon Alley on my own beside Draco. Promised her that I was safe with the Malfoys. Truly dreading meeting Draco's father.

"I will be fine. Going straight to Gringotts." My mother manifested a bundle of Muggle pounds passing it over. In reality, this should last me the entire school year. Something about the exchange rate meaning that my mothers money became astronomical amounts of gold coins and sickles. This time, she asked me to exchange and put some into my own vault. For that, she reached in and gave me another bundle. "Grey would be angry knowing how much money you gave me."

"He will recover and I don't entirely feel comfortable bringing you into their world." My mother had triggered something in my soul over the summer. She has too many issues with the wizarding world. Even tried to convince me to ignore my magic side completely. I spent most of my summer writing to Draco and Padma hoping for responses. Sending Flit only when there was no one who can see her flying. Our last letter was us agreeing to meet each other outside of the wizarding bank. He was coming with his father and I was being invited to spend the last day of the summer with the Malfoy family. They had already sent for my trunks. I made sure that my family was no where in sight when everything was collected by their small house elf. "Are you sure I do not need to meet Draco's family?" I started to panic thinking about my Muggle mother meeting Draco's pure-blood father.