38.

Rose, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Mr and Mrs Weasley all went to Diagon Alley. They all needed to grab their new things for the start of the school year and then would visit Fred and George at their shop.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione left to get fitted for new robes while Rose, Ginny and her parents went to pick up books.

Bill had taken out everyone's money saying that it takes nearly 5 hours for people to get their money from Gringotts nowadays. Rose debated on how many classes she would be taking. But being that she was still unsure about what she wanted to do, she decided it would be better to take the main ones.

But she also thought about a good resume she'd had if she had 12 N.E.W.T.s.

After the rise of Voldemort, the Ministry set out rules for everyone to stay safe. It was safe to say everyone was taking it seriously.

All the kids were tied to their parents side. And even if there weren't kids, the adults were staying near one another too. They were all afraid to be alone. Though Rose knew it would be stupid for Voldemort to attack in Diagon Alley.

"Remember your potions book." Ginny told Rose as they headed to check out.

"Oh, Ginny go with her!" Mrs. Weasley quickly said.

Ginny and Rose both headed back to grab her Advanced Potions book. Rose tripped on a fallen book but instead of falling, dropped on of her own books.

"Ouch!" A blonde headed boy turned around, "watch it your filthy m-" Draco turned to Rose, "should've known it was you." He fixed her coat, "maybe you ought to look where you're stepping once in a while."

"Draco, come...Oh, Rosalie Belle." A blonde headed woman turned around who was unmistakably his mother, Narcissa, "Oh, and out with a Weasley."

Rose picked up her book, "There's no need for conversation."

"Draco had mentioned your inadequate condition. Always seems to know how to make an entrance. Even read your name on the Prophet...Also mentioned you're," Narcissa gave her a disgusted look, "you're interest in Half-Breeds."

Rose angrily gripped her book, "like you're interest in Death Eaters?"

"How dare you-"

"No need mother," Draco chimed in, "in fact, I'm quite impressed that she seemed to draw enough courage to talk back for once." He laughed, "Usually resorts to violence."

"She's just upset you threw her husband in jail...let's just go." Ginny whispered.

"But I didn't. I was..." Rose started.

"Dead. I heard. Would've been better that way, you and your filthy Half-Breed." Narcissa smiled.

Rose looked down and notice something poking out of Dracos left arm from underneath his coat. Looking back up at Narcissa Rose said, "I would say something back to you, but personally I prefer to never be down on your level. So, good day to you." Rose and Ginny walked back to check out.

Rose quickly paid and without realizing it, managed to slip away from everyone. She tried her hardest not to let Narcissa's words get to her, but it was already to late.

Knowing that she and Remus may never be together, she tried her hardest to move on from the fact that just by protecting him led her feelings to grow.

But even so, it was so hard to move on.

Rose walked in to Fred and George's shop to find it packed with kids trying out some of their items. One kid tried an extendable ear on his parents who were on the other side of the store.