lee felix: task two

Profiles (1,380,051 files)

  [ Profile: Lee Felix ]

      ➤ Basic Information
        | Age: 20
        | Birthday: September 15th, 2000
        | Assigned Color: Yellow
        | Generation: Third Wave
        | Children: None

➤ Games Won: 342
        | Game 343 in Progress... 4:06

Felix rushed to electrical, wary of his surroundings. Electrical and storage were the hotspots for death, and best to be avoided or tackled with a trusted player. Felix could do neither. Hyunjin and he parted ways after their first task together in admin (swipe card, which took an embarrassingly long time for people who have done it almost 350 times.) They promised to meet up in Security when they were done, and Felix trusted Chan to keep him alive long enough to be there. His earpiece crackled and Chan's voice filtered through the static.

"Be careful, Lixie. I can't cancel our dinner plans if you die."

Felix shook his head with a giggle and opened the calibrator. Dinner plans included the very prestigious cafeteria and a tray of flimsy french fries, and on special occasion, a pudding cup. He focused his attention on the calibrator, ignoring Chan's gentle humming. The colorful swirling circles made him dizzy the first time he calibrated the distributor, but now it pissed him off. He could already tell from the difficulty of his admin task that he would be having an off-day, and he didn't want to linger in electrical longer than necessary. The blue aligned with the bar, and he quickly clicked it into place. His focus was centered on getting in and out, but he fumbled when Chan spoke through his earpiece, and the calibrator reset.

"Red and Lime are coming your way," Chan warned him. Lime was Minho, which was concerning, and Red was Jisung. Felix heard the story of Hyunjin's cousin and Jisung, who were hidden in an underground room. It was horrifying, the conditions in which they lived, but Felix had a lot of respect for Jisung. It took a great dad to risk his life for his child, and Yeji, too. They sacrificed everything for their daughter, and it saddened Felix to learn of her death. When Felix heard Hyunjin punched Jisung, he almost went feral on his friend. Hyunjin was angry about his sister, but it took a special type of person to sacrifice themselves, and Yeji was every bit that person.

Jisung walked in with Minho on his tail, eyes flitting around the room nervously. Jisung screamed newbie, from the insecure hunch of his shoulders to the way he refused to meet Felix's eyes. Minho, however, stood with his spine straighter than a needle, and he returned Felix's gaze with a curt nod. Felix remembers his first game with Minho, his first game ever, actually. Minho was intimidating, all sharp edges and emotionless eyes. He spoke only once to Felix, asking him to watch him scan in medbay, and that was the peak of their interactions. Minho spoke in motions, the wave of a finger or the nod of a head. He saved his words for voting time, and he used them well. He and Felix played together multiple times, and Felix's knees still shook when Minho walked behind him to follow Jisung.

Realistically, he knew he was safe, but Minho terrified him. The one time Felix played with Minho as an Impostor, he was lucky enough to be the final player. He knew it wasn't because Minho had any sort of liking towards him. In fact, Chan told him later that Minho was an acquaintance of his, and he had asked a favor before the game began.

Jisung slammed open the electrical box and winced. His hands fidgeted with the wires, tapping them hesitantly against one another and looking to Minho for approval. Minho leaned against the metal tower housing the light circuits with his arms crossed and a sleazy smile on his face. Felix panicked harder. Alliances meant secrets, which meant Felix wasn't as safe as he believed he was. He clicked the blue bar, clicked the second one, and when he got to the third, an arm hooked around his throat. Felix clawed at the lime sleeve and glanced desperately towards Jisung. Jisung grimaced and busied himself with the wires in his hands.

"Lix, his stomach is uncovered. If you can land a hit, he should let go." Chan's words were calm, but his tone was worried, and Felix knew no matter what he hit he wouldn't make it out in one piece. The task bar on Minho's wrist went up, and Jisung bolted towards the door.

"Remember, Sung, meet me in admin, okay?" Minho reminded him, arm locked around Felix's neck like a fleshy noose. Minho dragged Felix behind the metal tower after a nod from Jisung and unsheathed his knife with one hand. Chan was screaming in his earpiece, a mantra of "Felix, baby" and spontaneous fighting tactics. Felix found that he didn't want to fight. Years of killing made him dull to everything but Chan. Chan was his beautiful boyfriend that held the world in his eyes. Not the world they knew with metal walls and clunky cafeteria trays. Chan reminded him of white daisies and flowing ponds that he heard of in history books. Chan was a world beyond this senseless killing, and Felix would never live in it. And for whatever reason, he was okay with that.

Minho watched the fight drain from his body, and for a moment, their eyes connected. This mutual understanding was one they'd both seen countless times, but it still made Felix's heart stutter in his chest. Minho had a mole on the tip of his nose, and the slight curl of his lips gave him a permanent smile, even with a deep frown. Felix hoped he would one day escape the hell draining them all.

"Felix, what are you doing?" Chan screamed, and Felix smiled.

"Channie," he whispered, and the knife against his throat bobbed with his Adam's apple. "I'll meet you in the stars."

Minho leaned forward so his lips skimmed the top of Felix's pointy ears, and whispered softly. "I'm so sorry, Chan." His voice was thick as honey, dripping in sympathy, but they both knew what had to happen. The knife plunged into the side of his neck. Chan screamed.

Felix closed his eyes, and he was free.

➤ Game 343
        | Defeat, 5:11