✓ | ʰᵃⁱʳ

나를 볼 수 있습니까, (y / n)?

The moon has now triumphantly waltzed its way to the sky's spotlight. Its tint of alluring beige brightened even more lovingly in contrast to the indigo canvas behind it.

Kusuo tilted his head to stare at the said pulchritude and he can't help but to feel quite disappointed with himself. The night was beginning to distance even further away from him yet he was still here lounging on the side benches in the school's now empty open-court.

He can't point a finger on the reason behind this odd behavior that he was showcasing, and he hated it. Days have become more and more mentally draining for him to the extent of him wanting to run away from his own responsibilities and from his peers who seem to refuse to read his evident desire to stay away from them.

Succumbing to his supposedly comforting home would just stop him from enjoying the idea of isolation. His best option so far was to stay in the academy until he's ready to yet again end another day with a glass of fresh milk and simply sleep the fatigue that was terrorizing his mind and body.

A blank sigh desperately peeked out of his lips as he balanced his self on the bench since it does not have a back to support him. It wasn't an ideal seat to relax on but, the breeze present in the area was definitely tantalizing.

Guess even the most powerful boy in the universe gets tired too.

The subtle creaking of the metallic component entered his senses yet he didn't bother to open his eyes to check on who it was. Despite wearing his germanium ring, he knew too well who the one and only person is who seems to be immediately there whenever he was in blue.

(Y/N) sat on the bench right in front of Kusuo, her back facing against him. The evening was not that young anymore and he was still in the school; a fact that tells her that there is something bothering him.

Despite this, she still chose to not spur a single word. There's a very significant reason why he isolated himself from the others and she does not want to suddenly bombard him and try to fix what he's feeling like some quack psychiatrist who keeps on saying the overused  words of 'you'll be better tomorrow, this problem is just nothing.'.

But one thing is for certain tho... whatever it is that Kusuo will be going through, she swore that she will never leave his side.

"Yare yare... it's almost 10pm, (Y/N)... What are you still doing here? You should go home."

"How 'bout we go home together, Kusuo? I can accompany you to your house!" stated the young lady cheerily without shifting her body to face the boy behind her. This made him shuffle on his position as he finally fluttered his eyes open, the hue of lavender immediately being taken over by the light that was being pooled on him by the moon.

"You don't have to do that. I'll just stay here.."

He was in a dilemma of choosing between spewing a deception or nothing at all. A certain unfamiliar feeling found its way into crawling towards the pit of his stomach as the idea of not being able to control the words that he's about to deliver haunted him. He wanted to tell her a lie but it seems like that act is impossible to be done when he's around (Y/N)...

...and he doesn't really know why.

"I'm... tired, (Y/N)."

The evening breeze whistled a tune of silence and it was an enchanting one. It absentmindedly flowed in his hair, caressing his scalp like someone was actually giving him a pat. Although he could just take off his germanium ring to hear her thoughts, he didn't give in to this and awaited for her to personally say what it is that she wants to respond to him.

"You've worked hard, Kusuo. And you were really really great in everything that you did."

He visibly saw the (h/c)-nette stretched her arms, one on each of her sides. She still did not bother to face at him yet he already knew what she was consenting him to do.

"I think it's time now that you take some rest. You deserve it."

(Y/N)'s lips that were always adorned with teasing smiles were now carved with a genuine beam, her back relaxing upon feeling the boy dropping his head on her shoulder. His arms slowly slithered on her waist from behind before he collected the enough courage to completely wrap it around her.

It was out of Kusuo's character to show such fragility but no one can blame him. He was exhausted and, having someone understood his condition took him into a ride of different unknown euphoric emotions. All of it made him putty with this young lady that he has known for almost a decade already.

He pulled her even closer towards him as he allowed himself to submit into the feeling of the hundreds of lovely butterflies swarming in his stomach. It was silly how he could observe even the most unusual things about her like how her hair smelt like watermelon; a scent that persuaded him to nuzzle on her nape even more.

Kusuo finally let his doubts go and closed his eyes once again without detaching his hold away from the (h/c)-nette. His breathing eased upon observing her fingers scattering on his wrist as if she was looking for something until it reached his right hand. He let her grip on it before inching it towards her face.

"Ha! I found your little hand!" cheered (Y/N) as she gently placed a peck on the back of the said part of his body. Its warmth immediately travelled in his veins and he couldn't help but to beam at it, the smile on his lips now being felt by the girl as it was brushing against her neck.

"You found me, (Y/N)."