✓ | ⁿᵉᶜᵏ

나를 볼 수 있습니까, (y / n)?

Clouds were starting to peek above the mountains when the weather decided to switch into a freezing atmosphere which made a certain town in Japan a little dim. Cold breeze wandered around the corners of P.K. Academy as the students clutched into the woven sweaters that were hugging their bodies, readying themselves to exit the school.

The building became a wondrous, peaceful place once again. Only a few teens were left waltzing to do their after-class duties, itching to finish it so that they could go on their own ways as well. (Y/N), on the other hand, arranged the seats hastily since it was out of her will to be serving some kind of a community service. Having to endure this kind of sanction just because she stole and ate the teacher's lunch is totally not worth it.

Kusuo patiently waited for the (h/c)-nette to be done with her tasks, observing how the dragging of the seats made an ear-piercing sound which made the students who were passing outside the classroom flinch in irritation. He simply huffed at this as he leaned his back on the wall before folding his arms in front of his chest to make himself more comfortable.

"Hey, Kusuo... Since you're here, can you help me with my cleaning?"

"No. Suffer on your own, idiot."

The young lady grinned at his abrupt response, proceeding to face her back against the boy to continue her work on dusting the teacher's desk. Her fingers lazily scattered on the wooden furniture to look for a certain object and gripped on a piece of cloth once her hand landed on it.

"You know, I actually have an instant translator in my brain and all I heard from what you just said was (Y/N) is really cool and I will definitely help her clean this room! Thank you so much for your honesty, Kusuo! I am very touched!"

The pink-haired boy ignored her childish statements, his legs bringing him to ascend towards the chair placed in front of the desk that the (h/c)-nette was currently busy wiping. His movements were not known to the broad while he sat on the arm of the chair to silently watch her futile attempts to dust the said furniture off.

As the booming roars of the thunder cascaded the sky, the lights of the whole building flickered off. The pair seemed to not mind the darkness that has now engulfed the room since (Y/N) absentmindedly continued to move her hand in a circular motion on the top of the wood.

A huge amount of wind entered the almost empty classroom which pushed the door to shut close. Unaware to the events taking over behind her, the girl thought that her friend actually went out of the room without her. This caused her to stop on her wiping as she placed both of her hands on her waist in disappointment.

"Darn you, Kusuo! I thought you said you were not going to leave me!"

Just as she was about to turn around, a set of fingers were wrapped around her wrist and before she knew it, she was gently pulled a few steps forward. A new source of warmth was felt on the small of her back as the doer seemed to slowly wrap his free arm on her waist and pulled her closer.

"Who said anything about leaving you, (Y/N)?"

Kusuo retained on his sitting position, his face looking up to gaze at the (h/c)-nette standing just a few centimeters away from him. He slowly inched his nose towards the crook of her neck and nuzzled on it afterwards. It would always be peculiar for him how her perfume which smells like sweets and fruits intoxicates his whole body like a good bottle of champagne.

(Y/N)'s fingers crawled from his nape before it entwined on his neatly trimmed hair. Every strand of his was as soft as a cotton candy that she couldn't help but to chuckle with how his breath on her neck tickled along with the fluffiness of his hair.

The male felt his torso flinch with her touch, feeling the freezing tips of her hands brushing on his scalp. Without the instruction of his mind to do so, he pulled her body much more closely against him, his lips now almost pressed on the exposed skin of her neck.

"Yare yare... Are you feeling cold?"

With the sound of the raindrops drizzling the grounds outside and the roof above them, (Y/N) just realized that she actually was feeling the gloomy temperature that it was emitting.

"Now that you've mentioned it, yeah.. A little bit."

Kusuo simply nodded at this before letting her wrist go and proceeded to clasp his fingers with hers instead. He brought it towards his lips, his irises of ever-so admiring purple lingering on the back of her hand as he placed a peck on it afterwards.

"Please allow me to... give you warmth. "

The owner of the said name grinned at this, a childish look now sketched on her face as she patted the top of his head gently with her free hand.

"Why not?"

Kusuo lightly smiled at her quick yet playful response. He, once again, pulled her closer towards him as his body generated a new source of heat through his pyrokinetic ability.

Besides the transfer of warmth happening  between the two of them, (Y/N) felt more relaxed because of the boy gingerly peppering soft kisses that felt like fire on her left jaw. She placed her chin on the top of his head as she allowed him to deepen the embrace that both of them were enjoying.

"Let me take care of you forever, (Y/N)."