Divergent High

The school bell rings to show the end of English. Finally!!! 55 minutes only? No, that period went on longer than the Ice Age! Just as I am about to leave I feel a faint touch on my shoulder. 

"Hey, Tris? Maybe we should meet up after school to work on this assignment?" Four asks.

"Yeah! Sure! Of course!" I bite my lip to slow down my sudden excitement, "What I meant to say was I can check my schedule to see if I am free." Bad move."No actually I think I am free this afternoon. Maybe we can meet at Grinders Coffee Club?"

"Actually, I'm not a big coffee drinker, what about a restaurant? Maybe we can go out for dinner?" He asks.

I nod as I know I won't be able to get out anymore words. I wait for him to leave through the front door before I jump up and down in excitement. DINNER! FOUR EATON JUST ASKED ME OUT FOR DINNER!!! 

"Miss Pedrad, your next class will be starting soon. If I were you, I would hurry up."

I slowly turn around on my heels to see my english teacher looking at me with a hint of disapproval showing in her eyes. 

"Yes, I am sorry Miss- Miss...." I fumble trying to remember her name but all through the lesson my mind was elsewhere...

"It's Mrs. Matthews, please listen next lesson." With that she takes off through the door shutting the door with a slam behind her. Harsh much, I think to myself. I also leave the classroom while also trying to find my phone in my heavily packed bag. Best friend intuition kicks in and I hear the sweet music of my ringtone. Of course, Christina! 

"Hey girl, what's up? Actually that's not my question. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" She screams at the top of her lungs. I almost feel the weird looks people are giving her. Seeing that she's on the other side of the school says something.

"Oh um yeah. Coming, just give me a moment." 

"Tris. I know you inside out, I know you are hiding something from me. SPIT IT OUT!" I cringe as I think how my hearing has been affected by Chris.

"Chris, I love you for who you are but just quieten down. Please. I will tell you when I get to Maths," I say to her sternly.

"Fiiiine. I will keep quiet. Now, hurry up and get yourself here." She ends the call there and I start running to room 4. 4, four, FOUR. Damn it. Does EVERYTHING have to lead back to him? After a few corridors and hallways later, I find Christina standing outside the door hopping from one foot to the other. I shake my head, if there is one thing Chris can't live without, it's gossip. Swear to God, she would die without it.  Everyone seems to be trying to give Christina a wide berth of space as they pass. That's my best friend, scaring away people three years older than her without a word.

Her wild eyes spot me and runs full speed at me.

"Tell. Me. Now." She says, emphasising on all three words. I launch into my full story and by the time I tell her that Four asked me to dinner, she is practically about to burst in excitement.

"IT'S A DATE!!!" She screams. I give her the death glare and she quietens down immediately.

"No Chris, we are just working on our assignment," I tell her.

"Mhmm girl, you tell yourself that," She says while smirking at me. I can't help but smile either.