v

...minor advancements...

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
(this chapter contains strong language and mature themes)

THE COMMON ROOM... was absolutely stunning. Although Kiernan had not made any new friends when she arrived, she still managed to enjoy every little detail of this new place. She watched the others do small magical spells by the fireplace and she thought about how she would ever figure out how to do them herself. She didn't even have a wand. Or any magical experience of any sort for that matter.

As the night grew darker, the girl found herself even more tired than she usually would be. She did endure a lot in one day, after all.

Kiernan made her way up the cold bricked stairs into the slytherin sleeping quarters. As she entered her room, she was bombarded by the bold green sheets and blankets on each of the four beds. One of her roommates just so happened to be the infamous Pansy Parkinson, also known as the girl spreading rumors about her. She saw the girl getting settled into her bed and immediately turned away when they made eye contact.

'What are you looking at, orphan?' The girl teased, hoping her friends in the dorm would laugh along.

'First off, I'm not an orphan. And second, I have literally been here 5 minutes so I really don't understand what I could have done to you in that amount of time to make you not like me.' Kiernan was not going to let this girl bully her; she had been pushed around her whole life and she was not going to let it happen anymore.

'Oh you're right, I'm sorry. You're not an orphan, your dad just hates you.' The girl was proud of herself.

The furious girl clenched her fist; she was ready to slap some sense into that brainless bully. She decided against the idea as she did not want to get expelled on, not even, her first day.

Kiernan stormed out of the dorm with tears trapped in her water line; she did not want to give that bitch, Pansy, the satisfaction of seeing her cry. She walked quickly down the stone steps and into the common room; it was nearly empty.

The girl sat on the green velvet couch that was placed right in front of the fire. When she realized that she was finally alone, the girl let out a soft cry. How could things have gone so wrong so fast? How did Pansy know more about Kiernan than she did? None of it made sense to the girl and that just made her cry more.

The girl's cries were halted when she heard someone walk down the steps and sit on the couch next to her. It was Draco.

'Can you quiet down? PLEASE. I'm trying to study and your incessant crying is making it nearly impossible.' The boy said. He wasn't trying to get her attention anymore and that part was blatantly obvious.

Kiernan looked up at him, after having her face held in the palm of her hands, and he could see the hurt in her eyes. She was broken and he liked that. He was broken too. She began to cry even more and stood up to walk away from him. As she placed both of her hands, drenched with tears, on the couch to lift herself up, Draco grabbed hold of her wrist. There was desperation in his eyes.

'What are you gonna do? Keep crying?' He looked up at her as she stood there, unable to move. Although it was only his hand restricting her wrist, she felt frozen. She felt like she wasn't supposed to move. So she didn't. A hot tear trailed down her cheek as the boy continued to examine her. He quickly stood up and wiped the tear from her cheek with his thumb and trailed down her bottom lip, looking into her eyes.

'What are you doing?' The girl asked, still unable to move. There was slight panic, not only in her eyes, but in her voice. Draco ignored it.

'Making you stop crying. Seems to be working pretty well right now.' He whispers into the crook of her neck before placing a soft kiss in the same place.

The two looked into each other's eyes and their lips crashed together, roughly. Still standing, they began kissing each other more intensely and the girl's knees grew weak as she let out soft moans in between their passionate kisses.

Draco's fingertips trailed along the side of the girl's silk dress as he kissed her, lifting it higher each time he did so. The boy grabbed her behind and squeezed immensely, digging his nails into her; she seemed to enjoy this as a slightly louder moan escaped her lips. He sat down onto the couch, pulling the girl onto his lap. She felt his erect member as she sat down and that was her wakeup call.

'What are we doing? We can't do this.' The girl said, trying to catch her breath.

'What the hell are you talking about? It seemed to be going just fine to me.' Draco said with a grin on his face.

The boy leaned in for another kiss, as if he craved the touch of her lips against his. She kissed him back before a wave of reality struck over her, in the least subtle way possible. She hardly knew the boy and he had been mean to her moments before their little encounter. There was a rush of emotions flooding over the girl and she found herself not taking it very lightly when her eyes started to water, still straddling him.

The two shared one last passionate kiss; it seemed as if they were both in pain as Draco aggressively ran his hands up and down her back. He had a frown on his face as they shared their last embrace and the boy pulled away as he heard  light sob escape from the girl's mouth.

She started crying again. Her reasons had changed. 'I- I have to go.' She lifted one leg over the side of his body to get off of him and ran back up the stairs.

There was worry in Draco's eyes, but he did not want it to seem like he cared for her. 'This will end tragically, so there's no point in trying,' the boy thought to himself as he stood up to chase after her. He decided against it and sat back down abruptly, gently running his finger tips across the lips that had been previously occupied by the new girl. He let her walk away; it would be better for her if she believed he didn't care.

The girl wiped her tears on the way back up to her dorm and quietly made her way inside. The rest of the girls had been asleep, luckily, and the girl went straight to sleep herself.

Draco Malfoy. He was rude. He was aggressive. He was rough. He was everything the girl knew was wrong for her. Then why did she crave his affection so badly?

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────