viii

...rekindling...

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

(contains strong language and mature themes)

    WEEKS HAD PASSED... and Kiernan made sure to stay away from the blonde haired boy, even if that meant taking the long way to her classes; which she did and ended up being late to Snape's class.

After being late several times, Professor Snape was tired of giving the girl a "new girl pass" and decided what to do.

"Late to class again I see, Miss Margaux." Snape snarled.

"Yes, my apologies sir." The girl's voice was unsteady; she was scared of him.

"Would you like to share your excuse with the class as to why you are tardy for the fifth time this week?" He said.

The girl's eyes made their way to Draco, who had been sitting on the other side of the classroom. It was only for a split second but it seemed as if the rest of the class, including him, noticed her short glance.

"I-" The girl was quickly cut off by the professor.

"I don't actually care for your excuses. Detention for 2 weeks." Snapes looked at the girl and then to Draco who was sitting at his desk, laughing. "You too, Malfoy."

The two students stayed silent after that and let the professor teach the lesson.

Kiernan had tried so hard to stay away from Draco after what he did to her; it was going to be hard to avoid him while they were in the same room but she was not going to give up that easily. More than anything, she knew that he did not deserve her attention.

After their class was over, Kiernan made her way to the dining hall for lunch. Although she had to sit with the other Slytherins, she made an effort to visit her friends, Ophelia and Tobi.

As the girls stood in the dining hall to catch up, Kiernan filled her friends in on her recent endeavors. They were shocked that she had gotten detention for as long as she had, but overall felt bad that she had to go through it with Draco.

Ever since the incident with him, Kiernan hadn't said a single word to him. There were times when he tried to speak to her and she would just ignore him. It was one thing to say awful things about her, but her mother had always been a very rough subject and to hear the nasty things that he called her made Kiernan sick. She still didn't understand how everyone knew her mother, but she was finally determined to figure it out.

"Can I talk to you guys about something after school?" Kiernan said; she was nervous.

"Of course, anything." Ophelia said.

"What is it Kie?" Tobi chimed in.

"Oh, um- It's about my mom..." The girl didn't know what to expect.

"We'll tell you everything, Later," said Tobi as she parted ways with the girls and made her way to the long table where the rest of the ravenclaws had been sitting.

Ophelia also left and went to sit with the rest of the hufflepuffs.

When Kiernan made her way to the slytherin table, the blonde haired boy took a step right in front of her. In his attempts of stopping the girl and getting her attention, the boy showed an expression of nervousness.

The girl rolled her eyes. "Get out of my way Malfoy."

"You can't avoid me forever. Tell me what I can do to make it up to you." He did not seem very bothered; it was as if he was teasing her.