ix

...dad?...

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

(contains strong language)

    KIERNAN STOOD IN THE DINING HALL... with the inability to apprehend what she was looking at.

    "Dad?" The girl finally gathered up the courage to speak.

    "Did you really think that I wouldn't be able to find you, Kiernan?" The man looked mad, but stood behind Dumbledore and did not come off as threatening from that distance.

    Tears started to form in the ducts of the girl's eyes. She was not prepared to ever see him again, and even though she felt some regrets leaving him behind without so much as a goodbye, Kiernan knew that he would always be the monster that he tried so hard to be; the reasons for his monstrous ways would always be unclear to her, but it didn't matter.

    Kiernan decided against eating and chose not to speak to her father anymore. The girl quickly turned around and rushed to get to the slytherin common room. She attempted to hold her cries in until she was safe from all of the other students; she did have a record for crying and the other slytherins were not very comforting. As she quickly walked through the halls with her head down, Kiernan felt herself quickly clashing into someone else. When she lifted her head she noticed a blonde haired girl with blue eyes. The young girl had a large stack of papers clung to her chest and was being held up by her arm.

    "I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." The girl was quickly apologetic. (heyyy @-heyitsbelle ;))

    "It's totally alright, I was walking really quickly and wasn't paying attention to my surroundings." Kiernan noticed the large stack of paper had a photo of something on it. "What are these?" She asked.

    "They are missing pet flyers. My cat, Sonder, has been missing since yesterday evening and I am asking some students to keep an eye if they happen to find him." She said.

    "What does Sonder look like?" Kiernan asked with a sense of urgency.

    "He's a black, short haired cat with green eyes. Here." She handed Kiernan one of the many papers that she had been holding. "My name is Belle, if you happen to see him could you please let me know. I will be at the Hufflepuff common room when I am not out looking for him myself" Belle said.

    "Of course, if I find him then I will bring him right over. I have a friend that can let me into the Hufflepuff common room if you aren't there and I will wait for you."

    "Thank you so much. And I hope you start feeling better soon; I noticed you seemed a little down. Whatever it is you're going through, it'll get better."

    Kiernan smiled at the girl. People at Hogwarts hadn't been so nice to her since she arrived there, but that gave her a little bit of hope that things could turn around.

    The girl took the flyer, folded it, and shoved it into her pocket. She continued on her way to the Slytherin common room; she moved faster than she had before as her emotions started rushing back. Kiernan was truly tired of feeling like she was stumbling through life.

Where was the light?

The happiness?

The relief, even?

Just as she got to the front entrance of the slytherin common room, a certain blonde haired boy had been exiting it. She tried to avoid speaking to him because she hadn't felt comfortable crying around him, especially after the way he had talked to her before. *wink wink*