Chapter 9

The next test had been a representative test, so we had to pick two vocalists that would represent I-land and three dancers that would represent us as well. It seemed that the decisions had been made quickly that it would be Geonu and Heeseung that were our vocal representatives and that K, Jay and Jungwon were gonna be our dance representatives.

I had been offered a spot on the dance team, but I had immediately turned it down, saying that the height difference between K and I would be much more prominent if there were only three on stage, where it wouldn't be as eye catching as if we were seven on stage. Everyone had agreed when I had shown how K was a whole head taller than me, plus some extra too, probably. But the team that they had made instead was quite coherent in height and dance ability.

I had however agreed that I would help the dance team in learning the dance and choreographing their own part. Seeing the boys all knew, or expected, how disciplined I could be and had decided that if they were to get anything done, they surely needed someone who could whip them into work. I don't understand how they thought a small girl like me would be able to do that, but they had laid a lot of faith in me, so I guess I had to do my part and help them along, but I wasn't gonna make them be as disciplined as I were used to being. They were trainees, not elite athletes. This wasn't some extreme training camp, it was a survival program, where you had to develop personality wise as well, and not be mentally tormented to get better.

As of now it was late, most of the boys were practicing alone in the dance studio, the vocal team was in the smallest dance studio and I was with the dance team in their own practice room as we went over the dance together. They would go the dance over and I'd watch them do it trying to spot anything that was off, and once I would do that I would immediately stop the music and apply my correction. Which meant they had done the beginning a few hundred times by now, as we slowly worked our way through the dance. Maybe I was a bit too stubborn about the small details, but they were the ones that was gonna count in the long run.

"Jay you need to practice on that jump," I pointed out as I stopped the music when he had done that one jump where you basically do a horizontal cartwheel, "your legs should be just as high up as your torso. They should be completely lined out."

"I don't get how it's supposed to look then. I feel like that's what I am doing," he pointed out and I mentally cursed myself for having mentioned it. He had been like that for the past hour whenever I would apply a correction to him.

"I'll show you then," I assured him and stepped out on the floor, "since it's a hip-hop routine you shouldn't bend in your back, keep it straight, look down, no pointed feet," I muttered to myself reminding myself as to what the difference was between the hip-hop version and the contemporary version of the jump.

I took a deep breath before showing the jump and turned to him and told him to repeat it. He did it a few times, but it didn't look better, he was still too bent in his hips.

"You have to use your core and really work on getting your legs up," I pointed out to him and made him do it a few more times before just sighing as I realized it was not gonna get better, "lets just continue."

We were all tired and some was more easily irritated than others so we ended up ending the training session earlier than expected to just all go to bed and rest. Geonu was already asleep in the room so Jungwon and I was extra careful and silent about getting ready for bed. 

Not wanting to disturb anyone with my lights I grabbed my notebook and Korean book and walked out to the kitchen table to sit and study for a bit before going to bed. It was getting better with my Hangul reading, I could guess my way to most, but it was mostly writing that was actually my problem.

"Ji?" Jungwon called out through the common room and I looked over my shoulder at him, as he was dragging his feet towards me, looking all tired as he walked there.

"Go to bed," I reminded him with a small smile. Knowing how tired he was, if it wasn't evident enough.

"Why aren't you going to bed then?" he questioned me, cocking his head to the side as he approached me slowly.

"I'm studying," I pointed out to him as he carefully walked over and looked down at my notes in curiosity.

"Now?" he questioned with an arched eyebrow as he glanced up at me and I nodded at him.

"It's fine," I assured him with a small wave of the hand, "I'm not that tired anyways."

"Hm... well... then I'll stay with you until you go to bed," he decided and sat down on the chair beside me, laying his head in his arms, that already rested on the table.

"No... you will go to bed, because you have more practice tomorrow," I pointed out to him and he just shrugged at me, too stubborn to even move out of his spot.

"But you're working at least as much as I am," he pointed out to me in a small mutter.

"Jungwon... it's nearly 3 in the morning, you go into your bed, this instant," I told him making him frown at me.

"For once I'll use the fact that I'm older than you and deny that request," he shook his head as he stubbornly insisted on staying by my side until I decided I was finished doing my studying.

By the time I was done Jungwon's head laid in his arms as he was soundly sleeping on the kitchen table, he looked so incredibly peaceful as he did so. I couldn't get myself to wake him up, so I somehow managed to get him on my back as if he was getting a piggy back ride and lifted him to our room. He wasn't as heavy as I would've thought him to, so it made it a lot easier for me to lift him. After having lifted him to his bed I went out and grabbed my books before going to bed myself.