Chapter 14

In between the pause for I-land we were all supposed to go on a training camp together, however something in my family had come up which hindered me from going, so while everyone were at training camp I was in my dorm living with Yuri and Minji once again, all anxious about getting news from my family. Minji and Yuri had both been quite a big support through this and really were there for me when I got the news and had been the ones who initially contacted Belift about it where they later had agreed to give me this break completely off before I would go back to possibly participate in part two.

I had spent most of my time with studying my Korean some more as well as trying to keep updated on what was happening. I wasn't allowed to have direct contact with my parents as I wasn't allowed to let anything slip about the show nor have my phone, so it had mainly been Minji and Yuri who had kept in contact with my parents and had explained everything to me afterwards.

"No news," Yuri stuck her head into the kitchen and I nodded before looking back down at my studies. I think I were getting better to be honest.

Yuri would update me each day around noon to tell me whether or not she had heard anything else from my parents. But at one point in the midst of my studies Minji had rushed in with a phone for me, since I still wasn't allowed to have my phone, just like it had been on he show..

"What is this?" I questioned her, but she just smiled widely and handed me the phone were Dahee's face were all up close to the camera, "Unnie?" I questioned in confusion.

"Jiyeon!" Dahee happily screeched as Hyejin appeared on screen as well, pushing Dahee to the side.

"What is happening? Aren't you at training camp?" I questioned them and they both nodded eagerly, making me frown slightly at them, clearly confused as to what is happening.

"Yeah... but we're finishing up after this thing and there were about... 22 people, I would say, that wanted to say something to you," Yuri said and it seemed like the phone was handed to someone before the girls ran to the group of boys whose backs were turned to me. In a matter of seconds, which once again were counted down by Jake, all of them turned around and did hearts while yelling out loudly. Making me smile widely at the sight.

"We miss you Jiyeon-ie!" they all yelled together making me grin widely and cover my mouth with my hand in shock.

"Ah! I miss you too!" I called out to them happily. Soon enough Jungwon ran to the phone and stole it before running off, "you can't just kidnap me like that! That's so rude!" I gushed at him in shock as to what he had just done.

"But I miss you the most," Jungwon excused himself as he looked to be crouching down somewhere, in a bush I think, but I'm not sure, "I think I'm safe here... so how are you?"

"I'm fine," I let out a small laugh at him, seeing how this whole situation looked quite ridiculous, "working hard on getting that Hangul down."

"Very good!" he grinned widely while scrunching up his nose at me, showing his dimples and looking all cute, before his head snapped up and he looked around in shock, "oh... they found me."

In a matter of seconds he had gotten up once again and ran off, making the screen look all blurry. Soon enough it seemed he was caught as they all laughed happily before I was handed back to Dahee in loads of quick motions. I still seemed to find this amusing and let out a small laugh at the expression Dahee made at whatever were happening off camera.

"Yeah... so it seems that you got kidnapped," Dahee informed, looking back to the phone in her hand, and I nodded with a small laugh as I could hear yells and laughs in the background, once in a while with a scream.

"They're not murdering him, are they?" I questioned in a joking manner, finding it very amusing.

"I'm actually not sure..." Dahee frowned at what was happening off camera, "but now I'm beginning to get worried, they're currently beating him with sticks... and it seems that he's laughing. So we'll end here, I hope you understood the message and I'll try to help lover boy here, yeah?"

I was about to say something in denial or refusal, but she just ended the call before I got to deny what she had said to me. I let out a small smile at the phone before I handed it back to Minji and tried to continue with my studies in silence.

Both Yuri and Minji said that my vocabulary had gotten bigger over my time in I-land and the time I've been at the dorm, so that's good. It might have gotten better but I still experienced being at a loss for the right word once in a while, but not as much as it once were for me. I also think my Hangul have gotten better, but I wasn't sure, since Minji and Yuri weren't home much to read correction on it, whereas in I-land it was much easier for me to find someone who would check if it was right what I had written, but I told myself it had gotten better as I found it easier to write a sentence, and not thinking too much about it anymore. I had also begun reading more advanced books in Korean, and felt that it was quite easy. Before I had been able to read lyrics and a bit more kid friendly books, but it seemed that now it had gotten easier for me to read hangul, but it was still mainly writing in it that was my main problem.