Chapter 13: Perfect for him

So I've wrote this chapter twice and stupid wattshit just doesn't want to save it for some goddamn reason, here I am, writing it for the third time✌

-

Maybe we feel empty because we leave pieces of ourselves in everything we used to love.
-unknown

Harry's POV (Sorry for changing the POV so frequently hehe)

"Marriage contract?!" Ron exclaimed and the whole table turned to us, some glaring at how loud we were while the others were nosy and curious for gossip.

I nudged Ron and gave him a weird look but he just shrugged and pointed at Draco, who by the way looked like he would rip Ron's head any second.

"Sush Ronald." 'Mione scolded, probably noticing the mad expression on Draco's face.

"Sorry, just got shocked. You're tied to a marriage contract?" Ron asked, quieter than last time and everyone seemed to go back to eating and chatting with their friends.

I looked at Draco wanting a explanation. He can't be tied to a marriage contract.. can he?

"Weasley, I think you heard wrong." Parkinson hissed at Ron but he didn't seem one bit convinced and so was I. Oh hell no. I just came to terms with my crush on this stupid git and now you're telling me he's bound to get married to some girl??

"No, I think I heard quite right, Parkinson. So, tell me who it is." Ron pried at Draco who just looked honestly tired and annoyed.

"Harry." He suddenly said and I blushed real hard while Ron looked like he would puke any second.

"Merlin, I knew you had the biggest crush on my mate but I didn't think it was that far." Ron replied and I knew Draco was being sarcastic but this fool of a best friend I have, believed it.

"Wha- no! I was just joking. I don't like Harry!" He whisper yelled, cautious so that no one would be listening in and I already knew he didn't like me but it still hurt when I heard those words slip his mouth.

"Ooh when did it change from Potter to Harry?" Zabini teased and tuned out their bickering and focused back on the latter. Draco was tied to someone in a marriage contract and I don't know if I can say tied, what if he wanted this marriage?

I felt a stinging in my chest as I thought about who would've won Draco's heart, she's probably who he smelled in the Amortentia, the one he's truly attracted to.

Someone who's not me.

I felt the stinging leave my chest and be replaced with hurt and anger, why couldn't I have him instead? Even if I'm not completely worth of his precious heart, I still want him, in all ways possible.

In the sudden anger, I stabbed hard on the piece of meat that lay in my plate which stopped the two from bickering and face me with confusion on my sudden change of mood, not like I was so cheery before.

"Who?" I asked as I faced Draco who just gave me a weird look.

"You have to be more specific than that, Potter." He spat with a roll of his eyes, back to Potter I see, it hurt a bit that he wouldn't even call me by my first name.

"Who is it? The girl that you're gonna marry." I asked and Draco cringed at maybe my choice of words or something else before watching me intently. It was silent between the group, everyone wondering wether or not Draco would actually spill the secret or not.

"Will you guys shut up about it if I tell you?" He asked. Ron and I shared a glance before agreeing with a quick nod. He seemed extremely annoyed and uncomfortable as he eyed someone to my farther right and pointed at a certain girl.

"Astoria Greengrass." Draco said and I searched for said girl and my eyes landed on a really attractive girl, laughing with her friends as she playfully smacked one of their arm.

The stinging was back once again as I bit the inside of my cheek, examining the girl. She was beautiful, gorgeous even, had a beautiful smile, sat elegantly and even ate elegantly, had a good body shape, slytherin, probably a pureblood. Pretty much perfect for Draco in all ways. I tried and tried to look for a flaw in her just to make myself happier but couldn't find any.

She was perfect for Draco. His parents even approved of her, not me.

I let out a disappointed sigh and stood up abruptly.

"I'm going go, have classes." I said a lame excuse and got up and left, the stinging only getting worse.

I wanted to hope so much, so damn much that Draco didn't like Greengrass but what is there to not like? She was prettier than me, probably smarter than me and most of all a pureblood, slytherin girl. Just what Draco deserves and needs.

I let my feet drag me to our dorms, I wasn't going to attend the rest of the class, I didn't feel like it.

I opened the door to mine and Draco's shared room and sat down at my red and gold Gryffindor sheeted bed and sighed as I stared at my dangling feet.

Feelings are shit, they make your heart pound for that one person and then you're just gonna get heartbroken when that person doesn't like you back. It makes you hope, so much and there are some people who are lucky to have reciprocated feelings, like Ron and Hermione. They were way too obvious that they liked each other, I wish my situation was like that too.

I wish it was easier, I wish everything was easier, school, feelings, life. I wish life was easier.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.