warmth and peace

sir ?" a weak and  scared voice called out , when he didn't respond , he slightly shook his arm in an attempt to wake the man who was asleep in the office table in a very uncomfortable position , his right arm held his pen while the other was elbowed supporting his head . At the sudden touch the man fliched and his eyes shot open

"Sir it's 3 AM , Mrs. Jefferson called to inquire about you , she said you are not picking up your phone , she was really worried" , the  personal assistant to the so called workholic buisness tycoon said  concerned about his boss who just worked and worked , never had he shown any emotions to anyone alas , he didn't even  see his smile for once in these past 2 years since he was appointed to be the PA of this man , Alex Robert jefferson commonly known as "lex" showed the world only two  emotions anger and more anger ,to expect any other emotion from him was utter stupidity .

Lex looked around to trying to remember where he was , looking at the files on the table and pen in his hand , he gathered that he was indeed checking some files when he might have unknowingly dozed off..

He rubbed his eyes to erase the traces of sleep from the corners of his  deep gorgeous emerald green eyes .

He didn't even acknowledge his PA 's presence , he just stood up , took the lounge jacket  that was hung on his chair .

"Arrange this files in a systemic order and keep , I will check them later ", he said while wearing his jacket

"Yes sir "

He walked out of the  glorious 75 story skyscraper which was owned by the Jefferson group . Jefferson , the name itself was a big brand , they were everywhere , be it textiles , food , education , sports , exports , each and everydamn thing that you can think of Jefferson group would have already invested in it or would be the primary share holders  .They were the richest of rich.  lex's grandfather stared the empire which was  limited to textiles , his father took one step ahead and spread it to food business and now this handsome heir of their just at the age of 30 already flourished it in a way that it left their competitors awestruck and at shame at the same.

As soon as the driver saw him coming he  quickly got off the car to open his door

"sir your late today ?" he questioned with a small smile

"Mr. Mathew you are paid for driving , not for inquiring" , lex said before getting inside not even shooting a glance  in his direction making  the poor driver's smile fade and his eyes dropped down ,this was not at all a new thing for them ,the people who worked for or under Alex Jefferson knows the true defination of the term "HELL".

He used his spare key ,  tiptoed  his way inside his house to his room when the lights to the hall was suddenly switched on making him stop in between the stairs

"Alex , I  told you to come home early today"  , a voice which he recognise  very clearly called out .

he huffed before turning around to meet his mom's questioning gaze .

"I was stuck with - "

"you were stuck with some work , your as usual excuse , don't you have anything better than this like my car got punctured , or I got stuck in the elevator, try something new my son " she said,  taunt and disappointment evident in her voice

"it's not an excuse mom , I  swear I was caught up with work "

They blankly stared at each other , waiting for the other to continue . His mother finally gave up and continued

"why are you doing this to yourself Alex , why are you doing this to us ? "

"mom please please , not now , I'm really very exhausted and need some sleep , can we talk about this later  " he said and already turned away  not waiting for his mother's response .

His mom just shook her head and watch him walk up the stairs .

He opened the knob  of his room and  walked inside towards his safe haven , the so called "darkness"  according to the people was actually his "comfortable  coccon" , he felt  so much warmth and  peace here which no place could ever give him, he will put his everything at stake for this beautiful place  because here was beautiful memories that he created with her ....

Everything that he has in his massive and beautiful room was choosen  by her , from the crimson coloured curtains , to the wooden clock on the wall , to the soft satin white bedsheets  everything  , was picked by her and and he never dared to change it . , how can he change when these things connect him to her , she might not be physically present with him but through these things he could feel her presence somehow and it soothes him , it's the only relief that somehow managed to keep him alive even after 2years of her death , when he thought he can't even go a day without her .

He removed his coat and loosened up his tie and sat on the bedside .

"was a long day , Mr . edward was saying he will only invest in the deal if he gets 50,% of the total share and it's huge , they don't know who they are messing with.. " he  kept blabbering about the events that occured throughout the day  occasionally glancing at the photo of a girl that was kept on the nightstand beside while removing his shoes and socks in the process, the girl  had black wavy  hairs and wheatish complexion with  sharp features , to the world she may be just an average looking girl but for him she was the most beautiful girl , the most  magnificent creation of God till date and till his death .

He  took shower and changed himself into the Mickey mouse T-shirt that he hated with all his life ,  what will people say when they will see a grown up man and that too Alex Jefferson who is known for his sterness and roughness is wearing something so childish like  this but it had a sweet memory with it that he just can't avoid it .He took her photo from the nightstand in his hand and laid down on bed continuing his one way talking to his wife , it was always like that he talked and she listened , so it was never a new or awkward thing for him .