phone call and memories

Present day

"So if we go by plan B then  there are more chances of pertaining 20% extra  profit and we can  even get our shares w- "

Alex was in  a meeting , discussing new project  with his associate when his phone buzzed flashing an unknown number on top of his mobile wallpaper which was a  picture of him and his wife  taken on their honeymoon .

He  ignore it and turned his attention back to the meeting when his phone buzzed again , he  was strictly professional ,  At meetings he generally  used  to ignore any calls or messages if it's not related to work but one black  day changed it all , his  ignorance costed  him  his everything and he learnt his lesson  to pick call if it rang twice but it was late ....it was too late .

"excuse me " he mumbled and answered the call

"Hello? "

"Hello , is this Alex Jefferson "? , a scared voice asked from the other side .

"Yes "

"Alex , I - I want to tell you something , it's about crystal "

As soon as she said that name his eyes widened and his heart rate accelerated , he gripped the phone tighter to compose himself .

"On-ne sec-ond "

"The meeting is dispersed" , he announced and soon the people got up and moved out like remote controlled robots and Indeed they were no less than robots and there actions were strictly controlled by Alex.

"who are you , I swear if this is any kind of prank I will-"

"Believe me Alex , I'm not pranking you , there is so much that you don't know about crystal and I want to tell you , pls for godsake believe me ." She was on the verge of crying and that somehow made him trust that she was not lying

"what do u want ?"

"Listen my life is in danger but I need to tell you everything before I die , I owe that much to crystal so  please meet me at farm island at 6'O clock ."

He didn't know what to do but if it is anything related to his crystal , he can't just sit here idle .

"Fine , how will I recognise you ?"

"This is not my number , I will send you my number and along with my address "

"okay "

"And Alex please be their on time , because I don't know how long I'm gonna be alive "

And with that she disconnected the phone , he was shockingly tried to put the pieces together  ,who was she ? , how does she know crystal and why she came after 2 years of her death . He tried  and tried but wasn't able to figure a single thing .

He ran a hand through his hair and sat on the  chair.  He looked back at his phone , running a hand through their picture and it brought his joyful  memories back .

Flashback

They were cozily wrapped in white sheets of the luxurious suite of Paris . Their wedding was a tiring event but thankfully now they got some time away from everyone , just where they belong, in each other's arms .

crystal's head was  laying on his chest while his fingers were playing with the soft silky locks of her hairs .
"You are the best thing that ever happened to me " He said  kissing the top of her head and inhaling the soft lavender smell of her hairs .

She kissed his chest as if she wanted to tell that she feels the same .

She looked up at him and palmed his cheek

"God your so beautiful " He said leaning closer to her and she wasted no time in closing the distance and pressing her lips to him . This was her heaven and she wanted to stay like this forever entangled in his arms .

she wished she could say something to him but then again she knew that no words could ever do justice to the love that she has for her husband , her "lex". They had this strong bond that they didn't need words as a medium to express their feelings to each other . She didn't need to tell anything , Alex knew her like a book and he didn't need alphabets to realise  his worth in her eyes , he knew that he was her world and for him she was his universe .

Most of their honeymoon time was spent in the hotel room expressing their love for each other and occasionally they would step out to explore the city , like today

They were walking down the beautiful  streets of Paris hand in hand just like any newly married couple madly in love with each other frequently kissing , hugging , whispering in ears  and laughing ,living the golden times of their life .

As soon as they came across an icecream shop , she unclasped his hand and ran towards it .

Alex narrowed his eyes at her

she pouted in return

he nodded his head in a no and tried to hold her hand again but she refused like a stubborn child

"what ? you are already having cold crystal , ice cream is only going to make it worse ."

" she signalled him that she needs just one "

"no means no , now stop being a kid and move on .."he yelled at her

She looked at him angrily and started walking away from him .

"seriously , do we came here all  along to see your tantrums ? , come on crystal  it's just an ice cream , get well I bring trucks of icecream for you " he said making her accidently leave a smile but she quickly covered it again with a scowl .

"Their is this waffles shop that I know and I must tell  you it's sooooooo awesome , you are going to regret it if you didn't taste . so should we try it ?" he asked raising an eyebrow .

Finally he earned the smile that he worked so hard for .

"Let's go on the mission then ", he said holding her hand making her giggle .

They ordered a huge  variety of  waffles and were enjoying it , Alex looked at his wife happily munching on waffles completely forgetting about the tantrum she threw earlier  , he couldn't thank this waffles enough for that .

He took out his phone  quickly and sat beside her .

"Crystal smile"  ,he said but instead of looking into the camera she kissed him with her chocolate smeared lips , the perfect photo that he wished to take turned out to be blurry and shakky  but the happiness that they had was real ,so he decided to keep it as his wallpaper and till today it never fails to bring a smile on his face  , even on the hardest of hardest time.