Walk

They walked outside to the garden and sat on the wooden chair , he was still not  recovered from his shock  , hurt and disappointment
was written all over his face , he tried not to show but miserably failed to hide his emotions . He looked at her , this was the first time that he actually saw her , she was just  okay , nothing that he can proudly show off to the world . He found everything in Elizabeth attractive and with crystal  he was trying so hard to find one thing ,atleast one thing that can attract him towards her ,but sadly he found nothing .

He was so lost in his thoughts when a hand was waved in front of his eyes to bring him to reality

"Ah...sorry I Just , I Just .." he was struggling for words but she smiled and nodded understandingly

she took out a small notepad from her purse and wrote something , he looked at it and then at her  confused , she finally let him read

"have you recovered from your shock or you need more time ?"

his eyes shot up from the notebook to her face .

"wha-t do you m-ean ? "he asked as if he didn't know what she was referring too .

"It's okay Alex , I understand , this is not a new thing for me , I don't blame you , my sissy is really very beautiful , anyone would fall for her," she wrote and showed him , he was already feeling betrayed and the mention of that moment   only fuelled his anger .

He clenched his jaw looking sternly at her

"listen miss  , if you wanna talk then talk , I don't have time for this stupid and absurd notepad game that you are playing with me " She looked at him scared of his sudden demeanor , she licked her lips and shook her head , she again started writing something on the notepad

"enough of this  shit" , he mumbled and   stood up angrily and started walking away .

she followed him quickly and soon they were inside the house in front of their parents .Both of them trying to hide the emotions that they were feeling on the inside .

"I hope you had  a good time together " , his mom said smiling .

Crystal  looked down trying to hide her tears that were threatening to fall any minute , while Alex bit his lip to control his anger , his mother was not new to his habit and it didn't take her long to figure out that  something was wrong

"Crystal  , darling , everything went well right ?" her dad asked and she just  nodded making Alex roll his eyes in annoyance. ,will this girl say anything for heaven's sake .

Thank you so much Alex for understanding , "My daughter can't talk but other than she is everything that a man can  wish for ".

The words left Mr.cruise mouth and penetrated deep inside Alex 's heart , scattering it into pieces , he felt bile rising in his stomach due to the regret and guilt that he felt at the moment .  He  slowly and remorsefully looked at her , but she was looking down not meeting his gaze .

After that althrough the dinner and dessert he was looking at her to tell her how sorry he was but she didn't even looked at him for one nanosecond .

Okay so we will tell you our decision soon , Mr  cruise said while bidding final goodbye to the them , and it was a previlige to meet you young man , he said and patted his his shoulder .

He was not even able to smile, his heart never felt this heavy ,  his gaze again moved to the girl whose heart he broke , but luckily this time she was looking at him but he didn't have the courage  to look into her eyes so he looked down .

The mothers were exchanging their goodbyes when she approached him making him look up at her , she smiled at him making his guilt increase 1000 X .

She handed him a small paper and went to sit in the car .He looked widely at her and then that small white piece of page that he remember being from her notepad , slowly opening it.

"It's okay....you got angry because you thought that I was acting dumb ,but now that you know that I'm not acting dumb but I'm actually dump , I hope you will dump that dumbo attitude of yours " He couldn't  help but let out a small chuckle and looked at her , she smiled back at  him through the window , he mouthed a sorry and she nodded and the car was driven away from their sight .

As soon as the car vanished from their view , his mom turned in his direction with a guilty look .

"I swear baby , I didn't know that she was dumb or else I would not have called them here " , I didnt say anything because I didn't want to insult that poor  girl in front of all but tommorow Mr. cruise is going to get earful from keeping this thing away from us , he could have told us earlier , wasted our time " .

He wanted to say something but his mother interupted her again

"don't worry baby , I will call them tommorow and will tell them that we are not interested in this proposal . I - "

"Mom , please just relax , it's okay ", he said holding his mothers hands making her to look at him and calm her anger .

she was more suprised than being calm , was this her son ?  After what happened today  she  feared that he would take his anger on the poor inanimate objects by breaking them , kicking them , hitting them  like he always does but instead of that he was telling her to relax , he was  never the one to calm people but it was always the other way round .

"I would like to know her more "he said with a small smile appearing on his lips

"what ? are you serious , you really want to go further with this ?"  she asked and he nodded without even an ounce of hesitation .

"please think wisely Alex , I know you have certain expectations when it's come to your wife and I don't see crystal anywhere close to it , So I would suggest you to forget about it ."

"Mom , I have not said that I'm marrying her , I just want to know her more , what's wrong with it ? "

"The wrong in it is that you will raise high hopes in that poor girl's heart and then you will crush it into pieces , I know u Alex ,you are never happy with one thing for a long time , it's very easy for you to get dittached from something or someone ".

Mom I  -

"Let me complete Alex , I'm your mom , I know that what we you  are feeling for her is pure  sympathy and nothing else , so let it go , let her be with someone whom she deserves and you be with someone you deserve "  she said patting his checks before moving away .

"Mom -" she just showed her hand signalling him to stop before moving into the house .