~2~

I woke up to the chiming of the birds as I turned in my bed before flattering my eyes open.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 12pm. I had slept for like eleven hours.

Being the sleepy head that I was, this wasn't new to me. I loved my bed more than anything in this world.

My stomach grumbled and that's when I realized how hungry I was having only had noodles the previous night.

I quickly jumped out of bed and made my way to the small kitchen to prepare something to eat.

Since it was already too late to be having breakfast, I decided to make heavy lunch which consisted of sticky pork ribs, Masala chips and orange juice.

I got to work and within forty minutes, everything was ready.

I sat on my coach and decided to watched Red Eye the movie starring Rachel McAdams.

I watched as I ate my food till I was satisfied.

Since I had nothing else to do, I watched three more movies i.e Set it off, Dream girls and My Perfect Holiday.

By the time i finished watching, it was 9pm, I was already feeling sleepy and exhausted.

I went to the kitchen and washed the dishes and later cleaned up and organized the room.

I took a quick shower before I dived in to my bed for a deep slumber since I was supposed to be at the bakery by 8am.

As soon as I pulled the covers over my head, darkness enveloped me and off I went to dreamland.

*******

I got up at around 6:55am and rushed to the bathroom for a quick shower.
It being a Saturday, I decided to wear a black and white body hugging dress since uniform was for the weekdays. The dress hugged every inch of my body like second skin and stopped just slightly above my knees. I grabbed my denim jacket and black sandals, quickly putting them on.

I got my bag and rushed out of the hostel. I walked to the bakery and as soon as I opened, I realized that I was the first to arrive.

I quickly put my apron on and made my way to the kitchen to ice the cake and do other final touches.

It was an anniversary cake that we baked for the senator's 30 year wedding anniversary with his wife.

It was a big honour to be chosen by Mr. Thomas to bake the cake together with Beth. We were like the best bakers at the bakery.

It was a five tier red velvet cake with vanilla frosting and icing, just the way Mrs.Watkins assistant had asked us.

By the time I was done, it was 10am. I placed the cake in the van that we used for transporting the baked goodies and waited for Collins, the driver.

I quickly made my way back into the bakery and made myself some hot chocolate.

I sat on a chair in the kitchen and slowly sipped the hot chocolate, letting me taste each and every ounce of the sweet chocolate.

Whenever I drunk hot chocolate, it reminded me of my late mom. She always loved it.

My heart ached at the thought of her beautiful smile and hazel brown eyes.

I missed her.

"We better get going. The party's starting at midday and we have only about an hour or less to get the cake to the Watkins residence." Collins said as he sipped on his cold water.

"Ok then. Let me grab my bag." I said as I got my bag and followed Collins.

We got to the van and after making sure that the cake was in a good position not to fall over and cause a mess, I took my seat in the passenger seat next to Collins who was in the driver's seat.

Collins started the car and the drive was silent. Not like we had anything to talk about.

I decided to turn on the radio to see what was on and Christina Aguilera's genie in the bottle filled the sound waves. I loved that song.

PS: I know it's an old school song but I really love 2000's music😂

The van came to a stop and when I looked out of the window, I saw the most beautiful view I've ever seen in my life in front of me.

The mansion was huge and breath taking. Expensive Cars were packed outside. The huge black gate screamed money and I wondered what the inside of the house looked like.

I stepped out and opened the back door and got the cake out.
I placed it on the black cake stroller before closing the door.

I pushed the stroller to the entrance of the mansion.

I greeted the security guard who quickly acknowledged me when he saw the cake and let me in.

Beautiful was an understatement. The house and the whole place in general were breathtaking.

Neatly done lawns, white mansion, flowers everywhere name it. One of the ushers directed me to the gardens where the ceremony was taking place and I quickly made my way their, pushing the stroller.

I got to the gardens and found a handful of people there, probably family, business associates and close friends I guess.

"Place the cake there." One of the ushers informed me pointing to the direction and I quickly pushed the stroller there.

After setting the cake on the table, I took a seat next to it and watched on as people piled in, taking seats and chatting with one another.

Later in the afternoon, the ceremony begun. Boring speeches went on and on as different people spoke candidly about the Watkins.

People ate food and I was extremely tired after eating and yet cake cutting was to be done at 5pm.

With all the wine and water that I had taken, I made my way to the bathroom as I didn't want my bladder to burst anytime soon.

After finishing my business in the toilet, I grabbed my bag and made my way out of the bathroom.

I was busy scrolling through my phone when I bumped into someone and red wine splashed all over my dress. " Oops. Shit."i muttered.

"Watch were you're going beautiful." A deep velvety and husky voice said. "Let's get you cleaned up." He said.

I looked up at him and what I saw was breathtaking.

With a chiseled jaw, long face, perfect moustache, long blonde hair that stopped right after his ears, perfect lips and most importantly he had those piercing blue eyes.

My jaw dropped to the floor.

"Are you okay beautiful?" He questioned with a half smirk. "Let me help you clean up. This way." He said motioning for me to move.

We got to a room which I assumed to be the guest room and I looked around in awe. I was mesmerised. There was a queen sized bed with black and white beddings and a crystal blue chandelier hanging up in the ceiling.

"Have this." The handsome man said as he tossed a huge black T-Shirt my way. "I'll leave you to change. I'm Alvin by the way." He said as he shoved his hands into his suit pockets.

"Oh, I'm Isabella."I said back and he smirked.

"Nice name. I'll call you Bell." He said before he stepped out of the room.

I quickly changed into the huge shirt which stopped on my knees and as soon as I finished putting it on, Alvin came back and grabbed my dress.

" you can be here as I take this dress to the washing machine."he said as he stepped out. "Be back in a sec." He said winking.

I sat on the bed and took in my surroundings. The room was huge.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and recommend my book.!