~14~

Hey guys,   

Here's chapter fourteen, I can't believe I've reached this milestone.

Wow!!

Anyway, please read and don't forget to vote, comment and recommend my book.

Tell a friend to tell a friend about FIGHTING FIRST LOVE.

Love y'all so deep.

Enjoy!

"Sorry if it's hard to catch my vibe, mm-mm
I need a lover to trust, tell me you're on my side
Are you down for the ride?
It's not easy for someone to catch my eye
But I've been waitin' for you for my whole damn life
For my whole lifetime
Don't be afraid to tell me if you ain't with it (you ain't with it)
I see you're focused, yeah you're so independent (independent)
It's hard for me to open up, I'll admit it (I'll admit it)
You've got some shit to say and I'm here to listen
So baby, tell me where your love lies
Waste the day and spend the night
Underneath the sunrise
Show me where your love lies"

Isabella pov;

I woke up at around 10 am feeling refreshed as ever after sleeping all through.

I quickly brushed my teeth before following the smell of bacon that I'm certain Beth was cooking. She was also a really good cook.

As though she had sensed my presence, she turned around greeting me good morning before ordering me to take my seat at the counter.

As soon as she was done, she placed a plate of cut up fruits consisting of watermelon, bananas and mangoes and some strips of bacon together with hot chocolate.

"Thank you so much Beth." I said as I breathed in the aroma of the chocolate.

"No problem." She said before taking a seat next to me. "Mind telling me what's on your mind." She asked.

I was really dreading this conversation but I had no other option other than telling her about what happened yesterday.

"So what are you going to do now?" She asked genuinely concerned.

"I honestly don't know Beth. But one thing's sure, I need to leave Texas if I want to stay sane. Everything around here reminds me of Alvin." I exclaimed exasperated.

"I get you hun. I also agree. It's better you leave this place. But don't you think you have to hear Alvin out." She questioned.

"There's nothing to tell Beth. I can't even look at him right now." I said

"Now if you go, what about your marriage. Remember you're legally married."she asked.

"I'll file for divorce. Marriages end everyday. I won't be the first." I said

"But you know Alvin is stubborn, he won't give you that divorce so easily." She went on to say

"I know. That's why I'll just send him the divorce papers before leaving Texas and disappear, making sure he never sees me again." I explained

"Alright then. Whatever you decide, I'm here to support you." She said while squeezing my hand.

"Thanks. Can I stay here for a while as I sort myself out. I need to find ways of getting my belongings from Alvin's penthouse before leaving." I said

"You're welcome to stay here for ad long as you want dear. As for your belongings, I'll pass by Alvin's penthouse on my way to work and pick them up for you." She said and I couldn't be more grateful. I had the best of friends in the world.

After Beth left, I cleaned the dishes and the house. An hour later, i was done with the house chores I decided to use Beth's laptop and check on my job applications.

I had already started applying for jobs online at different companies and so far two had called me for interviews on slated for tomorrow and the other next week on Monday.

After confirming with Hudson Inc that I'd come for interviews tomorrow, I decided to cook something as I didn't have anything else to do.

I made Mac and cheese, jerk chicken, mashed potatoes and steamed some veggies.

By the time I was done, it was almost six pm. I decided to take a shower and pamper myself a little so that I could be fresh for tomorrow.

I quickly got out of my clothes and stepped into the shower. I lathered my hair first with the strawberry scented shampoo before lathering the rest of my body with the lemon and mint scented body wash. I quickly rinsed my body after that then wrapped a towel around my body before stepping out of the bathroom. I picked out a white tank top from Beth's closet and a pair of shorts. Seemed like they were the only comfortable ones I could find.

Couldn't wait for some of my clothes to arrive.

By the time I got to the kitchen to get some food, Beth had already come back and was serving herself the food I had prepared.

"Hey B" I greeted

"Hey Bella" she replied "hope you made yourself comfortable. I managed to find most of your clothes and put them in that purple duffel bag over there." She replied pointing to the corner of the kitchen and that's when I noticed it too.

"Thank you so much B. Don't know what I would do without you." I said giving her a hug.

"Anytime girl. I know you would do the same for me if I were in your shoes too." She replied. "By the way, what have you decided to do? You know.....about Alvin saga?" She asked all too carefully.

I sighed.

"I honestly don't know Beth. But one thing's for sure, I'm leaving Texas. I already sent him a signed copy of the divorce papers I'm just hoping he signs and I be a free woman." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"And what if he doesn't sign, what will you do then?" She questioned further

"There's honestly nothing I can do about that. But all in all, I'm leaving Texas." I replied leaving no more room for further discussion.

Beth must have gotten the idea that I didn't want to talk about it anymore and just shrugged it off before we decided to start eating. We ate in utter silence with just the cutlery making noise till I broke it, telling her about my interview scheduled for tomorrow.

"Wow Bella,I'm so proud of you girl." She said all too cheerfully.

"Thanks. Hope I ace it." I replied

We got done with our food before I headed to my room with the  duffel bag to look for what I'd wear tomorrow for the interview.

I settled for a dark blue body con dress with shorts sleeves and ended just slightly above my knees. It was good enough to give a wonderful first impression.

I paired it with transparent stiletto heels and white pearls.

I set them on the dresser before going to bed, only hoping that I succeeded in the interviews.

I hadn't switched my phone on yet as I was very certain, Alvin wouldn't stop calling and texting me till he got a reply from me. I wasn't ready to talk to him. His betrayal hurt so so much I don't know if I'd ever be able to forgive him.

Later, I let the darkness consume me as I prayed to heavens for my interview to go well.

Xxxxx

Love y'all so much
Don't forget to vote!