~5~

Hey guys,

Here's chapter five.

Enjoy!

Alvin's POV

It had been ten days since I had confessed my love for Bell.
Though I convinced myself that I was just following the bet, deep down I knew I was starting to fall for her. I was also surprised since she wasn't even my type but the way I felt about her was different.

She brought out a side of me that I didn't know even existed. Was I really falling for her or was I mainly focusing on the bet.

I had never felt that strange feeling and when I talked to my sister Alicia about it, she told me it was only love that I felt for Bell.

I had fallen in love. He'll no! I'm Alvin Watkins. I don't fall in love!

I was seated in my office, deep in thoughts about Bell in that I didn't realize that David, my best friend had come in. We had made a deal with Steve to only keep this bet secret between us since the more people knew, the bet will be spoilt.

"What are you thinking about that has made you stare into space for like ten minutes." David asked with concern.

"Its nothing bro." I said as I stood up to give him a brotherly hug.

"Really? Or its Bella that's occupying your thoughts." He teased. He knew me so well.

"Yeah. Somehow." I managed to say as I poured myself a shot of tequila that I gulped in one go. "Want some?" I asked David and he shook his head no.

"Not today bro." He said. He was too good to be my friend. While I didn't believe in love, he did. He was engaged to his high school girlfriend Clara and their wedding was next year. He was a good kid while I was the naughty one. I often wondered why we were friends. "So what exactly is going on between you and Bell?" He asked.

"I told her I loved her." I said and David stared at me, completely shocked.

"What? How did she take it?" He asked.

"That's the problem. She didn't say anything. She just walked away."I said. "She doesn't pick my calls nor does she even reply to any of my texts." I said while I took another shot of tequila.

David just laughed and laughed and I was starting to get irritated.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You." He said through laughter. "You have to show her you love her. Show her you're ready to fight for the love you claim to have for her." He advised.

I thought about for a while and I realized I hadn't shown Bell any effort towards fighting for our love.

"I need to talk to her." I said.

"Now that's my boy. Go talk to her. She must be at school though." David said.

"No I'm not going to her school." I said. "I need your help David." I said.

"What kind of help is that?" He asked.

"Well, you know I can't easily see her during the week. So you're going to help me call her boss, and tell him that you want a cake delivered by Isabella on Saturday. To your place In the afternoon." I explained.

I knew it was a childish plan but that's the only way I could get to talk to Bell, alone.

"Ehh. Okay. I'll call her boss." David said.

"Thanks bro. I don't know what I could have done without you." I said giving him a small pat on the back.

"Anything for you bro. I'll be leaving." He said and left.