CHAPTER ONE

the hair is a no-go

FOUR YEARS HAD passed since Isla had first set a foot at Hogwarts, and she was now well adjusted and rather happy about her parents decision, although the girl had changed quite completely as the years went by

Her entire upbringing had been questioned and broken down times and times again since that morning in the Hogwarts Express. Every single day it seemed to prove that anything and everything her parents had ever taught her was completely wrong.

But the then nervous and fearful little girl had grown up to be an anxious and troubled teenager, as it is. She was still shy and reserved, and still couldn't bear it when two kinds of food touched in her plate, but now she had bigger things to worry about. For instance, finding James Potter and Sirius Black on this early Sunday morning.

Through the course of her years at Hogwarts, Isla had done many mistakes but there were only two things that she deeply and fully regretted.
The first one was to ever become friends with the marauders.
The second was to have once innocently told them that she liked having long hair because she could hide her face behind it.

And as the young girl walked furiously through the quiet and empty corridors of the castle, she couldn't help but hate herself for ever confiding in them. Her long black hair was now barely brushing her shoulders, and worst of all, a small and uneven bang hid her forehead, short enough to reveal her frowned eyebrows.

Isla was fuming, not only the boys had massacred her luscious hair, but they hadn't even done it right. Plus, she didn't even know how they had managed to slip into her dorm, not even the common room for that matter, since she had never, and never would, gave them the password to the Slytherin's common room.

Because yes, to her family's delight, Isla had been sorted into the noble house of her ancestors. She didn't know what to feel about that at the time, because if someone had told her that she would be sorted into Slytherin three hours before it happened, she would have probably been glad, but then she had met James, Peter and Remus. And at that moment she wasn't sure how to feel, because they had just told her that everything she believed in was a big fake lie. Now, Isla was starting to separate being a Slytherin from being a blood supremacist, and that even if she was a Slytherin, it didn't mean she was like her family.

But the worst had been for Sirius, whose reaction had been similar to hers but on the opposite side. The howler that the young boy had received the next day at the Gryffindor table had traumatized a good part of the Great Hall. Sirius was shattered, because even with his new friends and all the things he had learnt about the real world during the journey to Hogwarts, the young boy was still clenching to his childhood dream. He had gone over it pretty quickly, choosing that being with his friends was better than his family's ancestors.

Isla had been scared that now Sirius and his friends wouldn't talk to her, and Sirius had been scared that she wouldn't talk to them. It lasted three days of awkward glances and fast pace trying to avoid each other, before James had invited Isla over to Gryffindor's table to eat breakfast, bonding a strong friendship between the five kids.