CHAPTER EIGHT

lupin's time of the month

ON THE MORNING OF tuesday, october 26th, Isla awoke in her dear cousin Sirius's bed

A dim light was pouring in the room, highlighting the dust flying in the air. Isla sighed, and turned around, only to feel Sirius's arm spread on the bed.

Fluttering her eyes opened, she realised that the sun had barely rose, and the grounds were covered in a light midst, partially hidden under a cloud of fog.

Glancing at the alarm clock on the bedside table which marked 6:57 a.m. and Isla sighed again, knowing it was too late to go back to sleep.

She stretched as much as she could without waking up the boy next to her, and slipped out of bed, the cold air hitting her body.

She shuffled through Sirius's trunk to find a clean shirt, and took her uniform trousers and tie, going in the bathroom.

She sat under the shower after having cast a muffliato not to wake the boys up, and relaxed in the warm water.

Once she got out, the boys were already up, except for Remus. Isla watched them as they tried to be as silent as possible dressing up, to let their friend rest. She smiled at their compassion, they could be so attentive when it came to the werewolf.

"Morning, snuffles." she tugged Sirius's shoulder.

"You took all the covers!" he whisper-shouted in response.

"Your feet were ice cold, dingus."

"Shhhhhh" James glared at them, his hair even messier, if that was even possible, than usual.

"Well I'm not going to bother you guys more I'm going to breakfast before it's too late." Isla glanced at the digital numbers; 7:24, she would have the time to go pick her class supplies up in her dorm.

"See you"

And off she went. She decided she wasn't very hungry, but the need for coffee was too appealing to skip the Great Hall.

The Hall was almost empty, and Isla went to grab herself a cup of coffee, before getting out in the courtyard. She sat on the stairs and lit a cigarette, smoking as she drank her coffee.

Around 8 a.m., James had dragged her to breakfast scolding her about "the most important meal of the day young lady." and she was lazily chewing on her eggs.

"It was probably the first time Sirius had a girl in her bed that he didn't even touch." James joked with Frank, telling him about their evening.

"We did touch, in terms of deadly fights for pillows and the blanket." the girl shrugged playing with her food as the other two chuckled.

"I'm never sleeping with you ever again." Sirius pointed at her with his spoon.

"That's what she said." Isla snarked, grinning at their friends hilarity.
"Next time I'll sleep with Rem, the boy's a literal heater. Plus he's really comfy. And unlike James, he doesn't snore." she added when the bespectacled boy opened his mouth to disagree with her. "Peter moves too much, so that only leaves Remmy-poo as best to nap with."