~Chapter 1~

A/n: Please Star ⭐️ Love you... mwah

You watched your mother slowly strip a poster from the ceiling of your room. Angry and sore from your last day at Honolulu Dance, you let out a noise that would only come from a 7 year old being denied candy.

"Omma~"

I don't want to leave."

Your mother sighed and continued peeling the *Harry Potter* poster off your wall.

" Y/N, You're lucky I'm not shaving your hair off and sending you to military school after what you did."

You struggled to find an excuse, but     decided otherwise. Instead you looked at the crumbled TXT pamphlet on your lap.The school you had been    threatened  by after your countless "offenses," as your parents called them. There had been many, but none were even considered close to your most recent.

"It's not like I killed someone."

Your mother cursed suddenly and grabbed her finger.

You looked up, it was uncharacteristic for your mother to curse.

"Are you okay?"

It was quiet.

Your stomach tightened, regretting your phrase decision.

"I'm sor-"

"That boy almost died, Y/N... That living kid almost ceased to exist from this world- Don't you understand, get that through your thick skull!" Your mother's soft tone crescendoed after each word.

You bit your lip and attempted to stop the fat tear leaking from your right eye. TXT was starting to sound quite appealing compared to your bedroom right now.

It was finally quiet again, except for your mother's harsh breathing. She closed her eyes and sighed.

" just get your stuff together and be ready by 7. You're really not going to want to be here when his parents come."

You nodded and wiped your cheeks roughly, embarrassed that even at almost 16 years of age you couldn't help but cry.

-

Your room was stripped clean by 5 and your belongings were at the door before 7. You squatted beside your stuffed suitcase and twiddled your thumbs.

It was times like these you wish you had siblings or pets or loud neighbors even. Anything would suffice if you could focus on something other than yourself for at least a minute.

There was a few thumps before things began suddenly spilling down the stairs and to your feet. You look up to see your father standing frozen at the top of the stairs holding a box with a large tear near the bottom.

He catches your amused gaze and straightens up awkwardly, his tiny frame overwhelmed by the large box.

"Y/N-ah, princess~"

He fumbles down the stairs and gives you a half hug but with twice the affection as a real hug. You can't help but smile at his warmth.

"Help me get these suitcases in the car, yeah?"

You nodded and tried a small smile that failed miserably and turned out similar to that of a goat. Your father winced and stood up, bones you didn't even know existed cracking with every inch he moved. He must have noticed your worrisome looks because after picking up his own box he also grabbed one of yours.

"You don't want to be sore on the plane." He winked with both eyes.

Together you had managed to cram 3 overstuffed suitcases into your family's tiny Cooper. You sighed and wiped the sweat beads off your forehead, the Hawaii average heat was something you would miss, despite your love hate relationship.