Rebirth

I slowly pushed open the door. The man I was after was asleep in the back room. I slowly pulled my hand cannon from my side holster. My robotics breathing my heavy. It sounded like a small whirring motor. I slowly approached the man laying in the bed. I thought back on what had led up to this.

My fireteam was sent into extract data from a fallen outpost. The infiltration was easy, a hand full of Vandals flanked by a Captain. My team dropped them easily. Our team leader, a human Titan, barked out orders at my brother and I. Everything was going smoothly until we heard the whir of a Fallen Skiff. "Kilo hurry up!" I yelled. "Mit!" I yelled looking for the Titan. He was no where to be found. "Mit!" I yelled again searching for him. "Kilo, missions a bust, we're bugging out!" I said heading back for him. "I almost got it!" He returned. The Skiff had dropped a devil walker. And it was charging up and aiming at Kilo. "KILO!" I yelled as the devil walker fired.

But that was the past. I needed to focus on the present. I had named my hand cannon Hawkmoon. It was a pure silver in color. With an engraved feather on the barrel. I aimed down the sights, pointing the weapon at his head. 

I pulled the trigger

Crack

Mit lay dead in front of me. I blamed the man for Kilo's death. He could of stayed and the Devil walker would have caused no harm. 

Alarms sounded all around and with in the next few seconds I felt a burning pain in the back of my neck. And the next thing I remembered was waking up on the back of a sparrow. 

I shook my head trying to shake off the memories of the past. We were nearing the reef and I needed to pay attention to the task at hand. "Are you okay?" Nemori asked placing a hand on my shoulder. "Fine." I muttered. I shook my head again missing my hand cannon. It had seen me through many battles. The Awoken used a strategy that they would wait with their ships in stasis and when the intruder had passed they would peruse. I had already seen three ships.

"Unmarked ship. You have ventured into the realm of the Awoken, Identify yourself." The ships comms registered.  "Let me handle this." Nemori said giving me a comforting look. I stood up and let her take my seat. I pulled the gold and black hand cannon from my side. Another famed weapon. The Last Word. I couldn't hear what Nemori said but it was a short convorsation. She stood up and motioned for me again. 

I retook the controls. "Follow my path." And then a short pause. "Welcome home Sister." 

It was a short flight until we landed. Vette and Nemori formed in front of me. I came out last. The guards drew their weapons on me. Vette whispered something in one of the guards ears and she replaced her weapon. We walked on. When we made it to the Queens chamber. Vette and Nemori walked in but I was forced to wait. I waited outside for what seemed like hours. Finally, I was told to enter.

The queen sat alone in the room. I slowly approached her my purple eyes flashing. When I made it to her throne I dropped to one knee and dipped my head. "Rise Aero." She said raising her hand. "I heard that you wish to devote your life to the Awoken." I stood amazed. I hadn't told anyone that. "Yes, your Majesty." I said. "You must prove yourself worthy. We don't usually accept outsiders. But given your past, you are closer than most." She said.

"What must I do?" I asked. The queen clapped her hands twice and seemingly out of nowhere two guards appeared. "The transformation begins now." She said as the guards escorted me out. 

I was directed to a small room with a platform in the middle with many robotic arms surrounding it. "This looks great..." I muttered. "You will need to disrobe." One of the guards said. "Just keeps getting better and better." I muttered. Pulling my robes and my boots off. In a matter of moments I was standing in my skin tight Jumpsuit. "More?" I asked raising my brow. The guard nodded and then held up a finger. She stepped behind me and undid the zipper for the jumpsuit on my back. She stopped just above the waist. She motioned toward the platform.

As I neared the platform a small bed seemingly appeared out of nowhere. "Lie down." She said. 

Little did I know when I would get up I wouldn't be the same.