Rescue

"Unidentified ship, State your designation." A voice said coming through the ships speakers. "This is Aero, W-E-1999" I responded as I neared the Tower. "You're clear to land. Have a nice day." The voice said again. "Omega fly right over the main square, I'l jump out. But keep the ship ready." I said as the tower square came into view. I formed out of the ship moving at a good clip. My feet connected with the ground and I rolled to help break my fall. When I stood up everyone in the square was looking at me in shock. "What?" I asked looking around.

I don't know if it was the queens mark on my brow or the fact that I just jumped out of a jump ship into the tower square. As if on a Que everyone went back to what they were doing earlier. I took off at a quick pace toward the speaker. After a short conversation with him he directed me toward the Tower's gunsmith. I slowly approached the EXO called Banshee-44. 44 System wipes. I was still in amazement. "How can I help you today?" He asked putting both hands behind his back. "I was told that you have something that belongs to me. I said crossing my arms in front of my chest. I saw his eyes meet with the mark on my brow. "I have no dealings with an Awoken Exo." He said lowering his gaze. "I was not always a servant of the Queen. I was once a guardian. And you, have my Hawkmoon." I said.

"Aero?" Banshee asked raising an eyebrow. I nodded in agreement. "Well, you have one hell of a cannon." He said pulling the weapon from a shelf  behind him. "Thank you." I said taking it from him. I pulled The Last Word from my side and handed it to Banshee. "Have a look at the design, I'm sure you'll find it interesting." I said saluting him and then walking away. I looked around, remembering when I had attacked Mit. For some reason, I counldt place it, something drew me too his quarters.

I slowly headed in that direction deeper into the tower. I turned heads as I went toward where I had killed him. I was almost at his door when it opened and a silver and blue EXO Huntress opened the door and ran into me. "Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't see you there!" She said backing up tripping herself and falling. Her voice was British. Her eyes were blue and so was her lighting. 

"It's not your fault." I said extending a hand for her to get up with. "Thank you." She said taking my hand. "Who's there, Ivory?" A new voice asked. "I'm not sure." The Huntress responded. This was certainly not what I thought was going to happen when I would visit this place. 

An Awoken Titan appeared behind the Huntress, "Whats going on here?" He asked looking at me."Nothing." I said instantly becoming grim. "Nothing at all." I said grimacing and turning away.

"Omega, I'm ready to go." I said as I walked away.  As I reentered my ship Omega spoke, "The queen left a message for you." Omega began playing it. "Aero, Fire team VeNOm (this refers to Vette, Nemori, Orion.) Is in need of assistance. A strong resistance is growing within the house of Wolves. Eradicate it." She said and the message ended. 

And with that we were off for Venus. "VeNOm, This is Aero, do you copy?" I asked through my comm. No response. I tried a few more times but I never got a response. Omega dropped me as close to their last known position as possible. He dropped me outside of a small cave system.. I summoned my sparrow, and I marveled at the sight of the machine. 

I sped through the cave system steering with one hand blasting Fallen with the other. It was a short encounter and I exited the cave to see a massive Kell ship. I whistled quietly. A hand full of Dregs and shanks flanked by a group of Vandal snipers. And in the midst of them all a Servitor patrolled.

I slowly snuck up from behind them. I sat silently on a cliff above them. They were about 30 feet below me. I pulled my shotgun from my back and silently dove toward my targets. I hit the ground and bent my knees to absorb the shock. The noise was still enough for them to hear me. Before anyone could raise an alarm I fired three rounds into the dregs that had noticed me. But the snipers had a bead on me.

Blue energy flew past my face as I dove for cover. I threw a solar grenade over my head as the purple void blast from the servitor exploded over me. I peered out from behind my cover and then yanked it back as a sniper round flew right where my head had been moments ago. I put the shotgun back on my back and pulled hackmoon from my side. And one mag later everything lay dead or in peices.

I slowly popped the mag out of Hawkmoon and put a new one in. Everything was surprisingly quiet. But then a light tapping was heard. And it was getting louder. And finally a devil walked appeared from the docked Kell ship. 

"Great, just frickin' great." I muttered. A red laser pointed at my chest. I grinned under my mask as I saw the glow of death begin to come from the main cannon. I briefly looked to the sky wondering if my new training would pay off. I thought of Kilo. I brought my eyes back toward the Devil Walker and yelled, "This is for Kilo!" I channeled the travelers light to make myself near invulnerable as the main cannon fire hit me. Flames that looked like wings burned from my back as my circuits were filled with light. The cannon fire it me.

And I laughed.