A White Lie

Iwaizumi's POV

"Hajime...?" The brunet questioned, placing his hand on the back of my head. He seemed like he was nervous, like he didn't want an answer to the question stuck in his throat, "Are you okay? You're crying..."

"I'm just worried about you..." I admitted, pressing my face into his chest as he did with me, tears still streaming down my face. They burned, was he used to this sensation? Being so close to someone was comforting, no wonder he did it often, "I want you to get better."

"Iwa-Chan..." He was shaking slightly like he didn't know how to respond to everything going on around him. He was being overstimulated. I can't blame him, taking on an action-packed day like this on top of your friend crying due to worry has to be exhausting to someone with depression, "Do you really care about me that much?"

"I do." I assured him, rubbing small circles on his back with my finger, "You're my best friend."

He laid his head on my shoulder, saying nothing. He didn't leave my lap, I wonder if it was comforting to him. He ran his fingers through my short, dark brown hair. It felt amazing. I continued to let my finger explore his back, tracing intricate patterns into it. Oikawa truly was the strongest person I knew. He had been hurting for so long but just played it off like nothing was wrong, like he was completely happy. The truth was that he was breaking into pieces, with no one there to put him back together again. I felt so sorry for him, but I knew that's not what he wanted. He just wanted help. He wanted to feel okay within himself again. That's understandable, loving yourself for who you are and all of your natural beauty can be hard.

"Iwa-Chan?" Oikawa said, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Can you sleep in my room again tonight?"

"If you want me to, yeah." I softly replied, wiping the halfway dried tears from my face.

Oikawa stood up, waiting impatiently for me to pry myself from the warmth of the couch cushions, "Iwa-Chan I'm sleepy come on!"

"I'm coming I'm coming!" I scoffed, finally standing up, following him to his bedroom. He closed the door behind us, immediately taking off his shirt. I looked over his bare chest before realizing I had forgotten to grab my own clothes, "I forgot my sweats I'll be back"

"Don't worry about it." He replied, "I've seen you naked before Iwa-Chan. Your boxers don't bother me."

I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks, remembering the time he walked in on me "showering" in High school, "Isn't it gonna be weird for you to sleep in the same best as a guy who's almost naked?"

"Why would it be?" He questioned, seeming to be a bit more comfortable with his circumstances now, "Is there something you need to tell me Iwa-Can?"

"No." I replied as calmly as I could, "I was just making sure..."

He turned to face me, a curious look on his face. He walked towards me until be where only a few inches apart, "Arms up."

I raised my arms above my head, following his command without a second thought. He lifted my shirt, throwing it on the ground without hesitation. He reached for the button on my pants. I grabbed his hands, making eye contact with him while my breath got caught in my throat. His big brown orbs were sparkling like a thousand suns. He was so so irresistible, but I had to keep my composure, "I can get that..."

"You sure?" He questioned, placing one hand on his hip in a sassy manner, "Don't need any help?"

"N-no I'm uh...I'm good." I replied, beginning to lose my composure. I unbuttoned my pants, letting them fall to the ground as I took a step back.