I love you

Iwaizumi's POV

Three consecutive months of physical and mental therapy later, Oikawa was playing at the best he had in years, jumping higher, diving more, and sprinting faster. His smile was as bright as ever, filling up the entire room with warmth. He ran around in circles for a while, Hinata and Bokuto chasing him relentlessly. I smiled to myself, truly proud of how far he had come.

"Iwa-Chan catch!" He exclaimed, running towards me at full speed. I dropped my clipboard without hesitation, bracing for impact as he, quite literally, jumped into my arms I wrapped my arms under his legs, trying to make sure he didn't fall, "Iwa-Chan you've gotten so strong I can't believe it!"

"Oh shut up Shittykawa." I insisted, "I'm just as strong as I was a month ago."

He let out a chuckle that gave me butterflies. He pulled back, looking me in the eyes with a grin as wide as the earth. He squeezed his eyes shut, connecting our lips like he was touch-deprived. He cupped my face in his hands, pulling me closer so that our noses smashed together.

"HOLEY SHIT ARE YOU SEEIN' THIS HINATA?!" I heard Bokuto shout from behind the gorgeous brunet in my arms.

"I knew it!" I heard the human tangerine claim, seemingly as happy as I was.

Oikawa broke the kiss, resting his forehead on mine, "Thank you, Hajime. I feel so much better. I'm so happy."

"That's all I ever wanted," I whispered, "For you to be happy."

He smiled, giving me a quick peck on the lips before running back out to practice. The coach approached me, with no anger or hostility in his presence. Please don't let me lose my job...

"So how long has that been going on?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in my direction.

"Well, it's nothing official yet, Sir." I responded, picking up my clipboard before folding my hand behind my back, "We were childhood best friends. I never realized how I truly felt about him until a few months ago. He felt the same but he wasn't in the right mindset for a relationship. I helped him with physical therapy for his knee, now he's a lot happier. I think he's finally ready. I plan on asking him tonight."

"I had no idea you two were so close." He admitted, "I guess I never really thought about the way he gravitated to you."

"He's my best friend, and so so much more." A soft smile made its way to lips Oikawa had kissed. I thought about the nights he cried in my arms, depression taking ahold of his thoughts. He had come a long way, a very long way. I was beyond proud of him, "We live together, as well."

"Interesting." He replied, stroking his greying beard with his hand, "Don't worry about your position. My husband would chew me out if I fired you."

I looked at him for a moment, shock plainly was written on my face, "Thank you, sir. I appreciate it."

He pated me harshly on the back, chuckling to himself as he walked back to his usual standing place. Practice went on, as usual, the team performing just like they would in a tournament. Oikawa's face was fierce, and a little attractive. Okay very attractive. I talked through work out plans like always with the team members, customizing diets, and fitness routines for their desired body types.

Practice finished, Oikawa wrapping his arms around me with content, "Iwa-Chan I'm hungryyyy"

"Let's go get some milk bread and sushi," I suggested, pushing his sweaty hair out of his face before dabbing a towel on his forehead.

"That sounds like a really good idea!" He happily agreed.

"Maybe we could go see the stars again?" I rubbed the back of my neck, hoping he wasn't too tired. I wanted tonight to go as planned.