chapter two: free the end

even half-asleep, your muscle memory as a speedrunner never faltered.  you and dream both knew that this was the run (after a couple of unfortunate resets).  your viewers were anxious to see you battle the dragon, too.  

apprehensively you placed the missing seven eyes into their respective end portals, waiting for dream to organize his inventory quickly. the stronghold was easy enough to triangulate; finding ender pearls and nether fortresses in 1.16 proved to be harder.

"we better hope this dragon's a one-cycle, i don't know if i have enough beds and we're low on string." dream warned you, jumping onto the mini staircase leading to the portal frames.

"it's okay, i've got a few extra. let's go!" 

hopping into the mystical portal, you found yourselves on a familiar obsidian platform. with an extra ender pearl you teleported directly onto the main island, waiting for the dragon to perch. dream built all the way up to the first obsidian pillar while you organized your inventory again.  

once you saw the dragon quickly darting between two columns, you and dream sprinted to the bedrock center, ready to place beds and attack. having not experimented much with co-op bed strats, the plan was to let him use the beds until he ran out; then go in with melee attacks until the dragon retreated again.

luck was on your side today, and by the time dream ran out of beds, the dragon was vulnerable enough to be killed in a few hits.

"y/n, do the honors."

the dragon ascends, and rays of violet light emanate from her body. experience rains down on you like snow, and you fended off a hostile enderman. dream laughed, pacing between you and the bedrock portal.

"what?" you asked curiously.

"it's stupid, but i have 69 levels."

"wow, you've been spending too much time with tommy, haven't you?" you laughed.

as you both leap into the activated bedrock portal, dream said triumphantly, "gg!"

you take a deep breath, stretching tense muscles. "that was fun."

"yeah."

"well, i should probably get going though. it's getting late and i still have homework for the weekend." you hated to end the fun there, but you still had that lab report due by sunday night opened in another tab, waiting for your attention.  

"oh, ok.  thanks for playing."

"bye, dream!"

"bye!"

***

checking your phone after about three hours, your friends were completely blowing up the group chat.

holy crap, what were they even talking about for this long? you thought, shaking your head in disbelief.

you, apparently.

you and dream, to be more specific.

***

friday 8:39pm

wattpad college enthusiasts: y/n, sophia, and paige

soap

I'M JUST SAYING IT WOULD BE CUTE

paigie

but like i don't think they're like that

y/n and dream just have a lot in common

though i'd like to believe ur right lol

soap

but..............,,