chapter three: how did we get here?

the boisterous laughter reverberating in your ears during love or host, the subsequent euphoria, and accumulated adrenaline from that weekend had all finally come to pass, leaving you with a hangover. you wanted to chase that high all over again, to call dream right now - but you had online class in five minutes.  

lethargic, while your professor lectured you about theorems your eyes drifted and lingered on discord, checking his status (which was invisible, so you couldn't tell anyway) relentlessly hoping that he would reach out to you again. but by the end of first period, you had no idea what you were learning and zero messages from the speedrunner.  

***

the previous gc name was hideous bye: y/n, sophia, and paige

paigie

y/n what are you looking at lol

ew pleassse this man needs to stop complaining about his past students

y/n

oh i'm just checking instagram 

just rewatching the golden mv for the seventeenth time this week LOL✌️

soap

same tho

idgaf about math 😀😀😀

***

dream @dream

new video saturday :)

71.2k likes     6.4k retweets   91 comments 

-----> user3923

is it with who i think it is....

-----> user9234 

minecraft, but i hit my sister

------------> user2393 

NOOO JAIL
"tommy please help me he hit me"

-----> user2384

please don't tell me its that boring person from l/h

------------> user5621

why what's wrong w/her

-----> user1193

when's manhunt 4 hunters finale? or with 1 traitor i'm still waiting

******

after a dull, monotonous week of school with casual streams peppered in, it was finally friday night. you knew tomorrow was when you'd record with dream, and probably edit another video for your channel.

at midnight, quackity called you, sounding tipsy and hyper, "hey, we're starting the podcast.  do you want to see schlatt eat a...quesadilla?" 

crackly and in poor quality, you faintly heard schlatt yell, mouth stuffed, "it's a fucking quesarito, dumbass!" his snarky comment was met with quackity and karl's maniacal laughter.

"alex, i've been watching your stream for just ten minutes and you know what i just witnessed? a solo podcast, karl trying to set a fire in his house like a boy scout, sped up georgenotfound gifs, and schlatt eating a quesarito.  what the hell is going on?"

"HE DIDN'T START A FIRE, y/n!" alex insisted, wanting to keep his twitch channel's legality intact.

"are you drunk?" 

schlatt chuckled at your blunt remark. "i mean, why else would i be telling him to drink more water? he's fucking off the walls."

"schlatt, listen.  i know you're a great friend and all, telling me to stay hydrated, but i am not drinking any alcohol right now--" you heard the slight slur in his voice.