𝟎𝟎𝟐 | 𝐓𝐖𝐎

C H A P T E R T W O
O U R O T H E R O T H E R J O B S

🕸

FELICIA landed gracefully on the rooftop where she was going to get her pictures taken. She grabbed her duffel bag that has all her clothes and accessories in it and changes out of her costume in an alleyway. She puts on a white blouse accompanied by blue skinny jeans and leopard print high heels. Lastly, she takes off her wig and runs a hand through her long blonde locks. Felicia looks at her iPhone and reads a few text messages sent from her best friend Cynthia Moon.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Where are you?" Felicia said reading out loud the texts.

"Calm down, Cindy. I'm right outside the building." Felicia texts back.

She entered the studio building and stops at the front desk to check-in.

"Welcome back, Ms. Hardy. Fernando will be with you shortly." The receptionist smiled.

A few minutes passed and out struts Fernando, the photographer accompanied by Cynthia.

"Felicia, darling, thank you for coming on such short notice." He said hugging her tightly.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." She smiled. Cindy looks at Felicia angrily and annoyed.

"Uh, I also wanna apologize for being late. I—"

"You don't have to apologize my dear. You're a star and can do whatever you want. Now let's get to work." He motions for them to follow him.

Cynthia stayed silent as they followed Fernando. Felicia stopped walking and looked back at her best friend's hurt expression.

"I'm sorry, Cindy. Peter and I had to take down Kingpin and it took us longer than we expected." She explained.

"I'm not mad at you for being late, Kitty. I'm mad at you for not answering my calls. I was so worried. I thought you and Peter weren't gonna make it out alive. You should have at least texted me something to know that you were okay." Cindy said.

"I'm sorry, Cindy. You're right. I should have texted you back or even called you back." Felicia said and hugs her tightly.

"I saw everything on the news earlier. It looked like a war zone out there."

"It was. Luckily we had some backup from the police force."

"And how are you feeling? You know since taking down Fisk?"

"I feel at peace. Fisk is finally going to pay for what he did to my father and the people of NYC. He's going away for good this time."

"I'm glad you're okay, Kitty. But I'm kinda still mad at you for not calling me back. I'm your friend—"

"Best friend." Felicia corrected her.

"—I shouldn't be left out of the loop." She smiles slightly.

"Okay, I promise."

"Promise what?" Cindy teased.

"I promise that I won't do something stupid like that ever again. I'll keep you in the loop."