One Night Only

The man across the room is fucking gorgeous

He clearly works out, and his deep laugh catches my attention from where I'm standing with my friends.

He heads towards the bar, and I seize the moment, striding towards him. My hand is on his arm, the stiff leather of the jacket cool beneath my touch.

Yum.

His eyes are a deep shade of turquoise, and I wonder if he wears contacts.

No-ones eyes are like that naturally.

"I'm just going to come out and say it, if you don't mind."

His gaze journeys down my body, his slightly glazed eyes widening with his smile.

"Oh?"

Fuck, that voice.

It's like melted chocolate dripping from a hot spoon, dang.

He's blond.

Not my normal type, but fuck it. I'm drunk, I'm bored, and I'm horny.

"I think you're divine," I say, folding my arms across my chest as I wobble slightly. "Are you single? Please say yes."

His mouth curls into that delicious smile again as he chuckles. His eyes flicker over me, his body twisting towards me as he leans forward.

"If I say yes, will you let me see what's beneath that fucking dress?" He mutters in my ear, his intoxicating scent making me shiver with desire.

"Yes," I breathe, my ears ringing.

He's a player. Good.

He nods, his eyes skimming the room before his hand rests on my hip, his mouth close to my ear.

"Come back to mine. I don't live far from here."

Holy fuck.

I'm drunk, but I'm not stupid. My best friend Lauren lifts her glass up in my direction, snapping a photo of the two of us on her phone.

Going home with a stranger isn't big, and it's not clever, but my girl Lauren and I have a plan for such eventualities. We carry pepper spray in our bags, and we share our location on our phones with each other always.

I don't make a habit of this, but I'm a grown ass woman with my own business, so I'm allowed to let my hair down once in a while.

The stranger guides me out of the packed bar, my hand feeling strange in his. He walks with a confidence that kills me, and I can't help but notice the envious stares I get as we make our way to the exit.

Once outside, the fresh air hits me like a slap in the face, and I inhale sharply.

"Should we get a cab?" I say, aware I'm slurring.