Rio vs Spooky

Saturday
February 1

11:23pm

Oscar's POV

I pull up to Gabriela's house, "here?" I ask Ivy. "Yeah" I can hear her breathing as she unbuckles her seatbelt staring at a black Cadillac parked across the street. I lean over, reaching into my glove compartment and pull out a 9mm. She begins to shake her head, "Oscar I-" I place the gun on her lap. "Its just for protection," I grab her chin, turning her face towards me. Tears fall down her cheek, "but if I order you to, you better pull it" I say sternly. I kiss her forehead and walk out as she continues to sob.

I hold my glock against my thigh as I push the already unlocked door. This layout is different to me. I've never been inside Gaby's house. I step through the door to an open floor plan. She's always wanted this, for this very reason: someone comes in there's nowhere to hide. I check the handle to the room on my right; the door's locked.

I slowly walk towards a glass dinning room table, big enough for two. I take a quick glance in the kitchen, then I walk into the living room area. I sigh deeply; it's empty. I walk towards the sliding door. Looking around her backyard. In the corner of the paved patio I see a red grill. I open the door and walk towards it, placing my hand on the hood. From my peripheral, I notice a plant with 7 points to a leaf. I walk towards it and smile, "she planted Shorty his weed plant" I whisper to myself. I touch the leaf then hear a twig snap behind me. I turn around aiming my gun; there's nothing there. I feel my mind beginning to play tricks on me.

I walk in the house, closing the sliding door behind me. I exhale slowly then look at a picture on her entertainment center. It's all of us: the homies. That night at La Cita Bar when we went to the wrestling match, 7 years ago. I furrow my brows as I grab the frame in my hand, staring at Shorty and Sad Eyes. Damn I miss my homies.

"Ya know, you should really check all the rooms next time you walk into a house" a Raspy voice says emerging near the kitchen wall. "Never know what surprises might be hiding behind some doors" he says. I slowly turn my head, I feel my heart begin to pump faster. Standing in the kitchen is a slender man dressed in black with a throat tattoo. He furrows his brows at me, then leans forward on the kitchen counter next to the sink interlacing his hands. "I pictured you bigger" I insult.

 "I pictured you bigger" I insult

He stares at me unamused. "You know I've waited a long time for this moment" he finally says, "I'm going to take my time killing you" "Big mistake" I say raising my gun pulling the trigger. Three muffled booms are heard as the bullets fly out of my gun towards him. His right shoulder jerks back then he falls to the ground.

My arms raised with my gun in position, I slowly walk pass the sofa, towards the counter. I peek over and see blood smeared on the tile but no body. From my Peripheral I see Rio raise a bat slamming it hard against my forearm; I drop my gun.